• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 grant745

grant745

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta 1.4 Titanium..tech pack

Posted 27 June 2009 - 11:20 AM

Hi, i have a Panther black Fiesta and as careful as i am in washing it, i have found the paint very easy to scratch and mark. I had the supaguard paint treatment done at the dealers before i picked it up, but it seems to be crap !. I know the water based paints are softer than the old sovent ones but really. Washed some bird crap off yesterday ( as soon as i noticed it ), very carefully as i know it usually has grit in it, still caused a mark on the paint. Anyone else noticed ?

Plus in this warm weather ( yes, even in Glasgow )still disappoined at the weak air con. Set to lo and fan nearly at max.....coolish but not cold. Ford says thats all you get !

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 Zippy

Zippy

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 196 posts
  • Ford Model: Mk7 Fiesta Titanium 1.6 TDCI

Posted 27 June 2009 - 07:00 PM

I have to say my Air Con feels brilliant in hot weather! Seems to get really cold.

#3 Jethores

Jethores

• Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Ford Model: Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCI Titanium
Posted 27 June 2009 - 07:40 PM

Here in oslo, Norway its arond 30 c( which not happens every year), and I must say that the ac is really doing the job. It cools down my Fiesta really quickly.

#4 NigelH

NigelH

• PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Zetec S Ti-VCT

Posted 28 June 2009 - 09:43 AM

Before I bought my Fiesta, I looked very closely at the dealer's test drive cars for signs of swirl marks in the paint - I assumed he washed them frequently. I saw none. I know that water- based paints are supposed to be softer than other paints, but my trade-in had water-based paint, was three years old and had no swirl marks. I agree that the Ford air-con does not run as cold as some other makes, but I reckon it's still cold enough to have an acceptable effect.

#5 Truly55

Truly55

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 163 posts
  • Ford Model: Hot Magenta Titanium 1.4 with Tech Pack

Posted 28 June 2009 - 11:52 AM

Hi, i have a Panther black Fiesta and as careful as i am in washing it, i have found the paint very easy to scratch and mark. I had the supaguard paint treatment done at the dealers before i picked it up, but it seems to be crap !. I know the water based paints are softer than the old sovent ones but really. Washed some bird crap off yesterday ( as soon as i noticed it ), very carefully as i know it usually has grit in it, still caused a mark on the paint. Anyone else noticed ?

Plus in this warm weather ( yes, even in Glasgow )still disappoined at the weak air con. Set to lo and fan nearly at max.....coolish but not cold. Ford says thats all you get !

The best thing I use, by far, for removing swirls, 'stains' left by bird plop and general marks is Meguiars Ultimate Compound. It has the cutting power of an abrasive, like T Cut, but doesn't mark the paint at all. If you use T Cut you take out the fine swirls but add deeper ones and it doesn't remove bird plop stains, etc.

http://www.meguiars....p...G17216&tp=0

#6 hedgepig

hedgepig

Too much time on the boards

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 954 posts
  • Name: John
  • Ford Model: Fiesta 1.0 125 Titanium X
  • Year: 2013

Posted 28 June 2009 - 04:52 PM

There's something wrong with your aircon then because mine is brilliant.

In this spate of hot weather it only takes a few minutes and the car is lovely and cool.

Get it back to your dealer for them to check for you...... :rolleyes:

#7 poohbear

poohbear

Ford Enthusiast

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,003 posts
  • Ford Model: MK7 Fiesta 1.25 Zetec
Posted 28 June 2009 - 05:27 PM

My a/c is fantastic!
Have had it on so much recently!
Cannot remember how I managed without a/c!

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users