1000's Of Fords For Sale
    • Join Premium & Save
      Join Premium & Save

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
grant745

Soft paint ?

7 posts in this topic

Hi, i have a Panther black Fiesta and as careful as i am in washing it, i have found the paint very easy to scratch and mark. I had the supaguard paint treatment done at the dealers before i picked it up, but it seems to be crap !. I know the water based paints are softer than the old sovent ones but really. Washed some bird crap off yesterday ( as soon as i noticed it ), very carefully as i know it usually has grit in it, still caused a mark on the paint. Anyone else noticed ?

Plus in this warm weather ( yes, even in Glasgow )still disappoined at the weak air con. Set to lo and fan nearly at max.....coolish but not cold. Ford says thats all you get !

I have to say my Air Con feels brilliant in hot weather! Seems to get really cold.

Here in oslo, Norway its arond 30 c( which not happens every year), and I must say that the ac is really doing the job. It cools down my Fiesta really quickly.

Before I bought my Fiesta, I looked very closely at the dealer's test drive cars for signs of swirl marks in the paint - I assumed he washed them frequently. I saw none. I know that water- based paints are supposed to be softer than other paints, but my trade-in had water-based paint, was three years old and had no swirl marks. I agree that the Ford air-con does not run as cold as some other makes, but I reckon it's still cold enough to have an acceptable effect.

Hi, i have a Panther black Fiesta and as careful as i am in washing it, i have found the paint very easy to scratch and mark. I had the supaguard paint treatment done at the dealers before i picked it up, but it seems to be crap !. I know the water based paints are softer than the old sovent ones but really. Washed some bird crap off yesterday ( as soon as i noticed it ), very carefully as i know it usually has grit in it, still caused a mark on the paint. Anyone else noticed ?

Plus in this warm weather ( yes, even in Glasgow )still disappoined at the weak air con. Set to lo and fan nearly at max.....coolish but not cold. Ford says thats all you get !

The best thing I use, by far, for removing swirls, 'stains' left by bird plop and general marks is Meguiars Ultimate Compound. It has the cutting power of an abrasive, like T Cut, but doesn't mark the paint at all. If you use T Cut you take out the fine swirls but add deeper ones and it doesn't remove bird plop stains, etc.

http://www.meguiars.co.uk/cgi-bin/specwd.p...G17216&tp=0

There's something wrong with your aircon then because mine is brilliant.

In this spate of hot weather it only takes a few minutes and the car is lovely and cool.

Get it back to your dealer for them to check for you...... :rolleyes:

My a/c is fantastic!

Have had it on so much recently!

Cannot remember how I managed without a/c!