Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hidden Usb Port St180

tomo89

That's what I have ordered mine is about 3 weeks till I pick up im excited too

Cool, not long to go now. We'll have to meet up for another drive after you get it, will be great with 3 STs :)

It will indeed :) we will sort it out near the end of month

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

pick up my st3 in white on friday, I`m like a kid in a sweet shop

have you got you frozen white st3 if so fire some pics up make me even more excited ha

Wonder if it would charge an iPhone 5 or 6?

It should do, just not as quickly as a dedicated charger.

• Like 1

Phil let us know when you connect yours up and if it works ok

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC mobile app

Phil let us know when you connect yours up and if it works ok

Will do if I ever get round to it. When I get my Mobius I'll check that it can charge that, that's the only thing I want it to do.

• 2 weeks later...

have you got you frozen white st3 if so fire some pics up make me even more excited ha

have taken pics on my phone but for some reason it will no add them. so !Removed! off

Put them on photobucket first then copy link? And I pick mine up next Thursday or Friday so excited ha

• 4 months later...

I'm trying to find this hidden port again after many months of not being bothered lol. I just have 2 questions:

1) Do you have to remove the cover below the glove box to get at the module with the usb ports?

2) Is the spare USB port a mini or micro port?

Also I lost one of the rubber bits from the glove box door when pulling the sides in to get it fully open lol, hopefully I can find it tomorrow or it will be forever lost in the bowels of the car.

Micro USB Phil and it's hidden in the foot well under the cover. The cover is held in by 2 black plastic push rivets which need a flat bladed screwdriver to remove. Pop out the middle part of the rivet first though ;)

Good luck

Cheers Willy I'll give it a go in the morning. If it works, it'll help next week cos I have it booked in at a garage to wire in the dash cam properly, but I have the parts to wire it in to the fuse box if need be.

The usb output is quite low @ 500 milliamp's so check the dash cam power requirements.

• Like 1

The usb output is quite low @ 500 milliamp's so check the dash cam power requirements.

Good idea I'll see if the Mobius has a minimum power requirement. Hopefully if it triggers the auto recording it should be ok. Also I'll be commecting it through one of these: http://www.amazon.co.uk/PortaPow-Charge-Block-Adapter-SmartCharge/dp/B00QRRZ2QM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1423991314&sr=8-1&keywords=usb+data+block

So that should help, it's the data blocking one so only power gets to the camera.

Here's what I found in the Mobius manual:

"Charging is limited to around 140mA which offers the best possible long-term battery protection. If charged with under-rated chargers or by using a USB hub without an additional power supply, expect longer charging times. For optimum results, the charging voltage should be +5V under load. Only use quality chargers capable of supplying 1000mA (1A) and a stable voltage of at least 5V. Low quality chargers may not be able to supply enough current and can lead to premature battery failure or, in the worst case, even destroy the camera."

The bold part is quite worrying, but if charging is limited to 140mA then I think it might be ok with the rest of the 500mA allowed to power the camera itself. If the charging is limited to 140, I assume that means it will be ok charging with less current than that? I'll give it a go anyway.

Do you know how much power would be supplied from the fuse box? I assume a lot more than 500mA lol. I have the connectors needed for that if necessary.

My next question is, how do you get the front 2 clips off the cover? The big clips came off easily but the smaller ones are very stubborn, and I don't want to force them and break something. Here's a photo of the clip I'm talking about:

post-39031-0-94333400-1423993857_thumb.j

How do they come off? And once the cover comes off, will everything behind it still be secure? It looks like there is something behind the cover which is loose, or maybe supported by the cover.

Phil, if i remember rightly there are four plastic clips, the ones like in your photo allow the trim piece to come away from the bottom of the glove box. The other two are long plastic pins which attach the sync module to the trim piece. So basically when you remove the clip in your picture the sync module will still be attached to the trim, you have to remove the pins as well to fully release it.

On my 64 plate ST there is only one USB on the sync module. From what I understood the dual USB port only featured on the american spec cars and possibly some early European models, not 100% on that though. Either way though it was only a power source and could not be used for data transfer so no hidden memory sticks i'm afraid.

Thanks for the reply James, and I was only interested in using it to power my dashcam. I gave up on the idea after noticing that this hidden port doesn't supply much power, and I already have the parts needed to wire it in to the fuse box. I wish I didn't bother trying to get at the sync module, it was a nightmare trying to get those clips back in but sorted it eventually, and also lost a little rubber thing off the glove box which fell somewhere in the compartment where the fuse box is lol.

I'm taking the car to a garage tomorrow to have the wiring done so hopefully it will all work out :)

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club