Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2011 Ford Cocus Wont Start Help!!!!!

rs1600i

hi,

iv got a 2011 ford focus 1.6 petrol with keyless drive. The car will not start, i press the button all it does is clicks, an error message comes up saying "ford key free switch ignition off press ok".

i also had a message come up saying that the batterty on the key fob needs replacing, which i changed. i dont know if this is related

some one please help the car is stuck on my drive :(

Try jump leads and see if it starts , could be a duff battery hence the "clicking" noise where there isn't enough power going to the starter motor.

hi mate,

thanks for the swift reply. i charged the battery yesterday and a bit this morning and i still did the clicking noise. the clicking noise semed to be coming from the boot. i followed the sound it it lead to a fuse box. you think maybe the starter motor solonoid is stuck??

well you can charge a battery but if it has I duff cell then your knackered , do you have a volt meter to test the battery voltage, Are you in the AA or RAC for home start ? They carry a real nice bit of diagnostic kit and plugging that in might reveal whats what . Will it bump start ?

If not in AA or RAC check if your covered by your bank .

You need to find out what voltage is in the battery , low voltage can make all sorts of things happen, you really need to count out a faulty battery. :D :D :driving: :driving:

hi,

i tried bump starting it but all it did was show me a message telling me how to start it with the cluch down and pressing the power button.

i dont have aa or rac cover, didnt think i would need it with a not even three year old car :(

ill charge the battery again tomorrow and check the voltage in the evening hopefully its a simple battery change. i did try using jump leads and that didnt fix it either.

if i cant fix it ill have to take it to the dealer. The car is in under warranty till the end of the month.

ill let u guys no the results of the battery readings tomorrow :)

Hi guys so I charged the battery again still no joy :( I have dropped it off to fords as its still under warranty hopefully they will fix it for free, I'm sure they will try wriggling out of it. Let you guys know what they find tomorrow

Hi guys quick update, the car went into fords last Thursday. They looked at it on Friday and told me that the car has been involved in an accident they will not repair it under warranty. The quoted me £180 p/h. I had no choice but to give it to someone my mate knows recormended. I'll call him today hopefully it is all done :)

• 6 years later...
On 9/30/2014 at 10:28 AM, rs1600i said:

Hi guys quick update, the car went into fords last Thursday. They looked at it on Friday and told me that the car has been involved in an accident they will not repair it under warranty. The quoted me £180 p/h. I had no choice but to give it to someone my mate knows recormended. I'll call him today hopefully it is all done :)

Hi mate , im having the same problem on my focus . it started fine , battery went dead lights started flickering so charged batt and now it dont turn on, it just clicks and shows me . ford keyfree switch ignition off press power . battery is fully charged , some time it shows key not detected ! please let me know if you sorted yours out and what you did ?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club