Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Alloy Wheel Change Of Colour...

jcs95whufc

I want to change the colour of my 18" Alloy Wheels on my Focus Zetec S, currently manufacturer silver, which (when clean) are very tidy. But I do like black/gun metal colour wheels... just don't know which ones?

Gloss black or Gun Metal Grey.....

Help!!!

Got it in White.....I know the gloss black would look nice but it is common, but I don't know if the gun metal grey would suit the white car...

What colours the car mate!?

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC mobile app

for a white car, I say you should go for full contrast - Gloss black, or you could go for a satin / matt black colour if gloss is too common for your liking?

I'd go gloss black with a few bits sprayed gloss black I.e wing mirror caps all grills and tint your rear lights.

DECISIONS!!

I love the look of matt black alloys...know as soon as I change the colour of the wheels I will turn in to the stereotypical "boy racer".

I am due to purchase fly eye kit for the tinting of my rear lights today, obviously the pricing to change the alloy colour is quite costly... £50-60 per wheel! best part of £2-300 so I need to make the correct choice.

any one have any photos they can share???

I did mine in Matt Gun Metal

I think for a white car Gloss Black looks the best!

post-57061-141164099279_thumb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone

How much was you charged per wheel? looks good

Full acid strip, shot blast, powder coat, lacquer £20 a wheel.

City Powder Coaters - Birmingham

Absolutely perfect finish!

Only "problem" was they took a week to do them however he did tell me this when I booked them in. Since then I've had 3 other sets done for our cars and two mates have used them. Perfect every time.

Shame you are all the way in Kent :-p

Sent from my iPhone

£80 for all 4??!?!?!?!?!!?!?!? .

I cant find anything cheaper than £50 a wheel lol. yeah a week to do them would be a problem for me unless they can provide a set of alloy spears in the mean time which some company's have been quoting me.

Edited by jeebowhite
Watch the words!

£50 per wheel up to 18" or so is the average. if you can get 4 stripped and done for £80 you need to share that companies details and we all need to use them!!!!

• Like 1

I did just share the details above lol

City Powder Coaters - Birmingham

I had spare wheels so want much of a problem but the finish was brilliant !!

Sent from my iPhone

post-45739-141166267645_thumb.jpg

Had mine done at a place called wheelworx in Colchester, must say the job they done was fantastic and I payed £288 inc vat for all four and that was for refurb powdercoated etc they had them for 3 days. So about £70 per wheel and that was the cheapest I could find in my area. Can't complain cos the job was superb.

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC mobile app

There's a guy in Manchester who did mine for 50 per wheel in gloss black, they look pretty damn good!

If they still do those for 20 a wheel, if I had the money I would pay for a courier to take them or rent a car for a day, drive them up and collect them at the end, that is just ludicrously cheap

They have been doing them for years now.

So many people I know around the Midlands have and do use them.

Every time I've been in they have stacks and stacks of rims ready to collect/start doing.

They have a show room to show all colour options and finishes too.

They do a in and out service, you can drop your car off at 8am and collect it at 5pm. It's next to the bullring in Birmingham so you could spend the day there and drive home with a new fresh set of wheels.

Sent from my iPhone

Just beware though on the fast service just google them first not saying they don't do a decent job but there a guy on another site (Audi ) who got really messed around by them and left him without wheels for a fare while not what you want when you need your car .

• Like 1

Fast service would be a sand, paint and lacquer job, and there is no way the paint could really dry naturally, and firmly enough for it to stand the test of time.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club