Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta St Mods

kyle_denholm

I'm going to be getting my Fiesta Mk7 ST in mid to late November. And I need some tips.

1. Do I go for the st2 or st3

2. What aftermarket parts are a must and how can I make it standout from all the other fiesta STs

I am thinking about getting all the Mountune items off of their website and possibly a RS style body kit

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

ST2 or ST3 is down to what gadgets you do and don't want, i now have a ST3 but did have a ST2 with everything but nav. Personal choice and budget really.

Must have mods? Again all personal preference, most uprate the headlight bulbs, replace the interior and number plate bulbs with LEDs and fit chrome indicator bulbs.

Other popular mods are, Wind deflectors and Gel badges and overlays.

Performance mods, there are so many different companies to choose from it depends on what you want, I have most of the Mountune catalogue and am pleased with it.

The RS style spoiler doesn't suit the fiesta in my opinion, there are spoiler extensions from Mountune and stoffler, tripple R's splitter looks good too.

Bear in mind, if you're buying through a PCP plan, you can't add any mods, officially. Plus all modifications should be notified to your insurance company otherwise they'll not pay out if you have to claim.

My plan is to buy the St with all the mountune parts over twos years and then I can start making it my own with a body kit, exhaust, hid.. Ect

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

Bear in mind, if you're buying through a PCP plan, you can't add any mods, officially. Plus all modifications should be notified to your insurance company otherwise they'll not pay out if you have to claim.

On the T&Cs, you can add mods although you require written permission from Ford Credit and the car has to be returned to its orginal specification before you return it.

True that on the insurance part though.

The RS style spoiler doesn't suit the fiesta in my opinion, there are spoiler extensions from Mountune and stoffler, tripple R's splitter looks good too.

I'm thinking of getting those rear spoiler extension but at 160 odd quid.... I really dunno.

Crap double post sorry.

Someone always has to come up with this everytime! I would expect the OP and most other people realise this.

Someone always has to come up with this everytime! I would expect the OP and most other people realise this.

Why would you expect this? What harm does it do to remind people, or let people who do NOT know that it is the case? Try posting something to assist instead of complaining.

Why would you expect this? What harm does it do to remind people, or let people who do NOT know that it is the case? Try posting something to assist instead of complaining.

Apologies, I think my tone may have been off. I know you meant well but if he doesn't know that and is considering modifying his car then it is his fault is something goes wrong. I always assume that the person has the common sense to check this out before modifying etc.

To assist I'd say;

1. If you find the extra's in the ST3 appealing then go for it, I don't think it is worth it, I only got an ST3 becuase it was at the showroom and I wanted an ST now (not in weeks or months).

2. Performance wise, I'd say the MP215 upgrade (or similar stage 1 map) is a must. Appearance wise I think the car looks fine how it is, I bought some yellow ST overlays to make mines a bit more distinguishable as well as becuase I think it looks good.

I'd say do what you want but if you are after making your car stand out then maybe a splitter and parts from the Mountune catalogue isn't the best option.

Neil, just say you ended up getting another new ST, would you do the mp215 upgrade to that or different stage one remap, if warranties weren't an issue...

Is the mp 215 worth the 600 quid or whatever it's priced now, based on how much faster the car feels afterwards?

I picked up an ST3 today is why I'm asking

I had mp215 on my old st and haven't bothered with it on my new one, I don't miss it and certainly and not willing to pay the 600 + fitting for it again.

Depends on what you are going to do with the car, keep it or replace it after 1 or 2 years. If you plan on going further than stage 1 then go somewhere else as you lose warranty anyway. If warranty is important to you then the MP215 is the only option. I'm on my 2nd and can't fault it.

• Like 1

I had mp215 on my old st and haven't bothered with it on my new one, I don't miss it and certainly and not willing to pay the 600 + fitting for it again.

That's interesting mate first time I've heard anyone say they wouldn't pay for it but guess you have experienced it first hand and can presumably see the difference is not really worth it?

What about this http://www.mountunestore.com/collections/mk7-fiesta-st/products/fiesta-b299st-mtune-215-power-upgrade-package it looks like same upgrade but diy version and half the price.

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC mobile app

That price is for the handset only and the prices on the new site are excluding vat, the full MT215 DIY kit is £799

If you really are concerned about warranty then it's your only option, but it's an awful lot of money for hardly any more performance and just a pronounced hiss when jumping off the throttle , I did a comparison topic on here not to long ago with some more info about going mp215 then to standard.

That's cool, I'll have a search for that. In reality you are only getting an extra 15bhp as the 215 is measured on overboost, the standard car is 200hp on overboost. 800 is a lot for that and a hiss

It's not always 215 bhp some people are getting 215- 217 bhp but a majority I've read are below 208 bhp

It's not just noise and it's not just about the bhp gain it's about how it drives. The extra torque makes the car feel better, on a motorway overtaking needs a small press of the pedal, acceleration feels like you are using a lower gear than you are.

Unless you are going for the Mtune handset it will cost £599 + whatever your dealer charges for an hours labour! some have fitted it for £1. Mountune sometimes do offers, I paid £599 fitted.

Most stage 1s with an induction kit will be a similar price, factor in the piece of mind of the warranty and it's not too bad a price.

Does he extra BHP actually noticeably affect performance? Am I correct in saying its not the 180BHP that is increased its the Overboost that is increased so its still 180 BHP but it can boost to the 215BHP for 15 secs or is that rubbish?

It's not a big difference but, it is noticeable from 3500-4000 onwards, it feels like your accelerating in a lower gear than you are, overtaking is easier. It's also noticeable louder.

The 215ps is the overboost figure, you'll never see 180 unless you are on a very long road or stay in gear for long enough for the overboost to time out.

It's the torque that makes it worth having 15hp is not a massive gain but I the torque makes it better as stated above.

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC mobile app

Neil, just say you ended up getting another new ST, would you do the mp215 upgrade to that or different stage one remap, if warranties weren't an issue...

Is the mp 215 worth the 600 quid or whatever it's priced now, based on how much faster the car feels afterwards?

I'd say MP215 isn't worth £600 if you're just after more performance, but it was worth it to me taking everything into account. I'm planning on keeping the car for at least 3 years so it's worth it for the warranty. The extra performance is subtle but noticeable, and I love the different sounds the car makes with MP215 too.

To me it feels like the car is more complete now with the upgrade. I already got the ST3 with all the options, and I heard some dealers offer MP215 as an option. Also I knew that if I came up behind an ST with the Mountune badge on the back, I'd probably be jealous and wish I had the upgrade too ;)

Edit: and as others have said it's the torque more than the power that makes the difference. With MP215 the car has around 236 lb/ft of torque, which is the same as a Golf 2.0 diesel lol, and you can feel it in the higher gears.

I find the MP215 kit worth the money. In terms of how much faster or more powerful it is I am not sure.

BUT, in terms of 'feel', it does feel a good bit torquier and after 5K rpm it has that extra edge, the response is improved to.

If warrenty isn't an issue I'd probably go for a Revo map with a different CAI as I hear they produce more power.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club