Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

What Do We All Work At

Marks12

Right so I have seen some interesting people on these forums I thought we would like to share what we do for a living (don't have to go into details or don't share at all up to you)

I work as a security officer I work nights all the time.

i basically patrol the perimeter, then maybe the inside, sit on my backside and then go inside and sit some more with a laptop :)

Edited by Marks12

I'm on permanent nights, operations manager! Newspaper printers.

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

What do I work at? Keeping the Missus happy is my full time job lol.

But my day job is trying to sell presentation equipment to anywhere with a classroom, training room, board room etc. Things like LED touchscreen TV's, visualisers, audience response systems etc. I cart demo equipment about in the boot & do product demonstrations (mainly to teachers), then go back & do training after they've bought.

• Like 1

I catch bad guys.

Yaaaay!

(Me'n'all, as if everyone didn't already know) :d

Yaaaay!

(Me'n'all, as if everyone didn't already know) :D

well according to you ya dont exist :D

• Like 1

Technically that means you're talking to yourself and are therefore insane ;)

• Like 1

Technically that means you're talking to yourself and are therefore insane ;)

I am already insane ;)

I'm a Deck Cadet with the Royal Fleet Auxiliary.

I was supposed to have finished my training and qualified in June this year - unfortunately, I've had a few problems and will now be finishing next June.

Once qualified (and as a Cadet under supervision) I will be primarily responsible for the safe navigation of the ship. As a Deck Officer, I will also assist in any deck based operations (eg loading cargo) in a primarily supervisory role (as a Cadet I can't actually supervise - so I watch and give instructions instead whilst being watched by a qualified officer).

As if that isn't enough, deck officers have other roles such as met officer, life saving appliances officer, charts officer and RFA specific like Officer Of the Quarter (the stuff that goes bang designed to kill and/or injure)...there are more, but my focus at the moment is on navigation and cargoes.

fair play to you sean id say thats a tough job, i wish you the best of luck graduating next june might seem like a long time away but you wont see the time go by :) .

Clive is really an MI5 operative, his dog handling story is just a cover up. He has extra ninja training, and can jump out of aircraft without the need for a parachute - Mi5 standard kit only these days, his days of using parachutes are behind him :p

I work for a Global Payments Solution Company, my job is to find problems with our Chip and Pin machines, or other Payment solutions and to rip down to the tiny details of why it went wrong. Then I have to manage the handover to development to get the issues resolved. Sadly, my job role means I am under fire a lot, quite often feel like it would be safer standing in the middle of the IS disagreements - the amount of firepower that comes from customers these days is immense. Somehow, customers dont seem to be able to take things with a pinch of salt when they dont get paid their money :p Not that I can blame them for that!

Software devoloper working for a big company, working on boring software for the public sector lol. It's only my 2nd full-time job since finishing uni and they like to move me around to work in different teams, but next week I'm going back to a team I worked in before which should be more interesting work, so looking forward to that :)

My first job was more interesting, working on e-learning software for armed forces, which was mainly used to train new recruits to maintain various military kit (can't go into detail cos of documents I signed, I don't want anyone to track me down and kill me :P ).

The problem was that company was run buy a guy who didn't know what he was doing, to put it mildly. I got out while I could leaving just one software developer behind who was due to retire soon, so I don't know how they'll manage after that.

fair play to you sean id say thats a tough job, i wish you the best of luck graduating next june might seem like a long time away but you wont see the time go by :) .

Been doing it almost 3 1/2 years already...another few months ain't gonna matter to me lol

Extra time at sea for my record book will look better anyway :D

Which RFA are you on?

I'm not at the moment...this year I did a very short stint on the Wave Ruler (start of my problems) and a few weeks on the Lyme Bay (which was also my first ship & sister ship to the only other ship I've done over 4 months on - so at least I knew my way around lol)

1st - Lyme Bay

2nd - Gold Rover

3rd - Mounts Bay

4th - Wave Ruler

5th - Lyme Bay again

You'll probably spend most of your time in Falmouth while the fleet goes through refit :p

I payed off the Lyme the first time in Falmouth

I was also on Mounts when it was decided she would go into an extended maintenance period (ignore the papers - the RFA have no intentions of getting rid of the Mounts or the Fort boats)

Postman

and my new Focus is an automatic cos my legs ache Grrrr lol

• Like 1

Call centre for a company that leases cars to disabled people.

I speak to car dealers and try to educate them on the correct way to place an application with us, often falls on deaf ears :P

• Like 2

haha you expect a dealer to fill the paperwork correctly.... :p

haha you expect a dealer to fill the paperwork correctly.... :P

I have spent most of the day (30/40 calls) explaining that the DWP need to tell us when they can begin paying for the car before we will let them release it!

Frustrating when people dont listen haha

Work as an IT engineer for Sony, the building that burnt down in the London riots precisely.

I am the manager of a small digital printing company. Although it is a small outfit, we print material for a couple of household car manufacturers, as well as material for training courses for charities.

My official title is: Business Development Director.

However my job is to sit on my !Removed!, either playing games on the internet, Xbox One or looking at NSFW sites (The beauty of being the director, I can look at !Removed! during work hours)

Though the majority of my work, is managing customer servers and data solutions.

• Like 2