25 replies to this topic

#1 jack

jack

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 244 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta ZS

Posted 27 June 2009 - 03:21 PM

Been down to the Ford dealers today and ordered the velour car mats and the scuff plates. I asked about the space saver spare wheel, after looking on the computer, he said" the computer say's no". I'll have to order a 15" steel wheel and tyre with car jack costing nearly 150. Told him where to go.
Has anyone ordered the spare wheel with their new car and was it a space saver?
Will a MK6 space saver fit a MK7?

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 fezzidebz

fezzidebz

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 56 posts
  • Ford Model: all new ford fiesta zetec

Posted 27 June 2009 - 03:28 PM

Been down to the Ford dealers today and ordered the velour car mats and the scuff plates. I asked about the space saver spare wheel, after looking on the computer, he said" the computer say's no". I'll have to order a 15" steel wheel and tyre with car jack costing nearly 150. Told him where to go.

Hi Jack
I ordered a spare wheel with my new fezzi, but only because basically i didnt want the tyre inflation kit !
Think i paid 50 for it when i ordered the car :)

#3 kpo

kpo

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 30 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta
Posted 27 June 2009 - 03:34 PM

Hi Jack
I ordered a spare wheel with my new fezzi, but only because basically i didnt want the tyre inflation kit !
Think i paid 50 for it when i ordered the car :)

I am sure it was a no cost option for me.

#4 jack

jack

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 27 June 2009 - 03:39 PM

Just looked at fords price list 30.

#5 fezzidebz

fezzidebz

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 56 posts
  • Ford Model: all new ford fiesta zetec

Posted 27 June 2009 - 03:41 PM

sorry just checked my paperwork........ and i paid 30 for the spare wheel.
It was the privacy glass i paid 50 for ;)

#6 jack

jack

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 27 June 2009 - 03:45 PM

I don't know how Ford work. I went to another dealer last wednesday and their computer couldn't find a part number for the scuff plates.

#7 peds

peds

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • Ford Model: Zetec S
Posted 27 June 2009 - 05:47 PM

I got my Zetec S (Mk7) 3 weeks ago and call me old fashioned but preferred the tried and trusted technology of a spare wheel to the inflation kit. Since I specified at time of order I'm 100% sure it was a no cost option

#8 pikestones

pikestones

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 313 posts
  • Ford Model: Titanium Tdci

Posted 27 June 2009 - 06:30 PM

It was a no cost option until the price rise on 01 April 2009,it then became a 30 option.

#9 EzzyRallyBoy

EzzyRallyBoy

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 115 posts
  • Ford Model: Owner of a 3dr Black 1.6Ti-vct Titanium
Posted 27 June 2009 - 06:32 PM

Eh up Jack I can answer this one, if you choose the steel spare wheel at time of ordering then its 30

I think its a better option than the tyre inflating kit (which apparently seals holes upto an inch long in the sidewall Fords tell me !!) at least with a spare you know you will get home. I think Fords will add the change to ya order providing the car is not very close to being manufactured (not sure when the cut off is sorry)

By the time I decided that I would be happier with a spare wheel and made some enquiries it was too late as the car was being manufactured (hurrah) and I could order it as a post delivery option (which I have). It cost a few pennies short of 120 and I ordered it last week (so thats an up-to-date price), it comes with a wheel brace and jack too.

I know I could have had it for 30 but thats my fault for not ordering at the time. Imagine if you want one but don't pay the extra how pee'vd will ya be if ya brake down and your inflating kit doesn't work !!!

Good luck to those who do better and haggle Fords to do it for 30, if ya can

#10 Zippy

Zippy

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 196 posts
  • Ford Model: Mk7 Fiesta Titanium 1.6 TDCI

Posted 27 June 2009 - 07:04 PM

I got my steel spare wheel for nowt back in March, the Dealer swapped out the inflation kit for a steel wheel.

#11 jack

jack

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 27 June 2009 - 07:28 PM

Eh up Jack I can answer this one, if you choose the steel spare wheel at time of ordering then its 30

I think its a better option than the tyre inflating kit (which apparently seals holes upto an inch long in the sidewall Fords tell me !!) at least with a spare you know you will get home. I think Fords will add the change to ya order providing the car is not very close to being manufactured (not sure when the cut off is sorry)

By the time I decided that I would be happier with a spare wheel and made some enquiries it was too late as the car was being manufactured (hurrah) and I could order it as a post delivery option (which I have). It cost a few pennies short of 120 and I ordered it last week (so thats an up-to-date price), it comes with a wheel brace and jack too.

I know I could have had it for 30 but thats my fault for not ordering at the time. Imagine if you want one but don't pay the extra how pee'vd will ya be if ya brake down and your inflating kit doesn't work !!!

Good luck to those who do better and haggle Fords to do it for 30, if ya can

I've already got the car , arrived last week. 3 weeks after ordering I asked for the spare wheel, and was told they would sort it out when the car arrived. Now I'm told no space saver, and a 15" steel wheel is the only option for about 100+. Looks like we're in the same boat, lets hope it's not a Ford, as they probably wouldn't sell us a paddle. :lol: :P

#12 studly

studly

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 98 posts
  • Name: s
  • Ford Model: Crumpled DS3
  • Year: 2011

Posted 28 June 2009 - 12:33 PM

I got my steel spare wheel for nowt back in March, the Dealer swapped out the inflation kit for a steel wheel.

Same as me except basicaly i was waiting for 2months for my no cost option space saver spare, but in that time the sales bod who had been dealing with me from day one had left so i complained like a trooper and the sales manager eventualy took a 15" steelie with jack+brace from a demonstrator and plonked it in mine for nowt lol. On top of that i got to keep the inflation kit as a bonus for the inconvenience B)

#13 Truly55

Truly55

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 163 posts
  • Ford Model: Hot Magenta Titanium 1.4 with Tech Pack

Posted 28 June 2009 - 04:51 PM

No cost option for me too when I ordered the car in March. In fact the dealer specced it with the wheel so I didn't have to remind him.

#14 hedgepig

hedgepig

Too much time on the boards

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 954 posts
  • Name: John
  • Ford Model: Fiesta 1.0 125 Titanium X
  • Year: 2013

Posted 28 June 2009 - 04:56 PM

No cost option for me too when I ordered the car in March. In fact the dealer specced it with the wheel so I didn't have to remind him.

Mine was a no cost option too... ;)

#15 jack

jack

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 28 June 2009 - 08:11 PM

If my ford dealer doesn't have a mk7 space saver wheel part number, can I get a MK6 space saver to fit?

just been to my Ford dealer, the MK6 space saver won't fit the MK7. So if Ford can't supply a wheel who can? I,ve looked on the web but :angry: can't find one

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users