Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Help Identifying A Mondeo Model

Estumas

Hi there everyone,

I'm working for Crackit Productions in London and we are researching into a TV series based on a real life murder event. I need to identify a car and I am hoping someone here at the FOC can help.

We know it's a Mark 3 Ford Mondeo but we'd like to know what year it is if possible. Sadly the only photos we have are lower quality, so I'm wondering if we can use your or someone's expertise to identify it. The pictures are attached.

Additionally if one of the members here has a matching or very close model, including the colour, and are living in England in the Greater London area, we'd love to hear from them to potentially rent it for a shoot weekend in early October. We would pay for £100 to use the car on a location within London. The owner can come along and watch or the car can be collected and returned, and we would cover insurance for the car and our crews and actor using it during filming.

If anyone here is able to get back to me with any possible answers, it would be much appreciated.

Cheers :)

post-58641-0-25116000-1411724265_thumb.j

post-58641-0-43063200-1411724269_thumb.j

The mk3 Mondeo was in production from 2000 to 2007.

I believe that by looking at the wheel style it is most likely a Titanium edition.

Cheers for the reply, this has helped greatly. I've noticed the driving lights and grill have changed on later models, so it's likely an earlier model. Is there a year they started with those Titanium editions?

The Titaniun edition would have been part of the range from the start of the Mk3 run in 2000.

Many thanks again. You've made my job much easier.

Again, if anyone reads this and is in the Greater London area and has a car of matching type and colour I'd love to hear from you. I forgot to mention we would also pay for the petrol for the car to get to and from the filming location as well as the £100 fee for the cars use.

Cheers :)

I don't think it's a Ghia due to the lack of side badge and chrome. There are no triangular fog lights either as they look small and round so I don't think it's a Titanium. The front bumper rubbing strips look body coloured in one shot and black in the other so that doesn't help. The lower front valance looks to me like an LX with replacement wheels and possibly replacement grill.

The trouble is a lot of these were altered to make identity difficult with clearer photos or a reg plate.

the look of the character blur on the number plate would suggest thats around the 52 plate. Although I normally hate to disagree with Clive, I have just zoomed in on the image. those wheels look like they are in fact Steel with a set of wheel trim covers on them. I could be wrong, but that to me looks more like its an LX model.

Looking at models being sold online based on some of the info I feel I've narrowed it down to a 2003-2005 model.

I've found a few on Gumtree, they do tend to be LX models that I feel match - do you all think this is the same?

http://www.gumtree.com/p/ford/ford-mondeo-lx-tdci/1082023697

http://www.gumtree.com/p/ford/ford-mondeo-tdci-diesel-54-plate-perfect-full-ford-history-mot-april-2015-tax-feb-2015/1082180921

http://www.gumtree.com/p/ford/ford-mondeo-tdci-diesel-2004.-superb.-mot.tax.-full-history/1082379282

If the one in your photos has a side rubbing strip - I can't decide if it has or not - then it's the earlier pre-facelift model making it 2001-2005.

I've found a higher quality picture just now while doing research. This might help us all much better.

post-58641-0-97440000-1411744321_thumb.j

It is definately a pre- facelift model, likey to be 2000-2003/4 (the post- facelift models ran til 2007) - so its not a Titanium x

It can be difficult to pinpoint the exact model as some of these things were optional extras

It has color coded dook handles and mirrors, this was not standard on LX mdels but i believe this could be ordered as extras - still, its unlikely to be the LX (popular "base" model)

The front bumper is definately pre- facelift with the round "fog lights/ blanks"

The type of alloys are fitted to early, pre-facelift cars, (i own a set) they are genuine Ford ones, 16" 9 spoke, the tit-x has 18" ones .....

Its definately not an ST220, or an ST-TDCI, or a tit-x, its unlikely to be an LX or a Ghia

That leaves the Zetec especially with te pre-facelift zetec alloys (the Ghia ones are different, and the ghia/ ghia x has side badges) and the color coded mirrors / door handles

So my money is on a Pre-facelift (2000-2003/4) Mondeo mk3 zetec with pre-facelift ZETEC 16" 9-spoke alloys, color-coded mirrors/ door handles/ door trim and grey cloth interior and fitted (round pre-facelift) fog lights

Engines -(there were a lot of different engines fitted to mk3s) its not the 3-litre v6 fitted to the ST-220, or the 2.2L diesel, fitted to the ST-TDCI / tit-x, that leaves the petrol 1.8L or 2.0L fours, or the 2.5L v6, or the diesel 2.0L TDCI or TDDI (the TDDI was only made between 2000-2002) - i guess some geek could narrow it down and tell you which engines were fitted to the zetec (not me, of course)

Finally, it would not have a 6-speed 'box (mmt6) but a 5-speed mtx-75

That makes life easier! so my diagnosis of the wheels was wrong.

I would say given that its got those alloys, the lack of chrome, the guessed year, you probably are looking at a zetec model?

Are you really in need of the exact same sub model, or are you just looking for a car that very closely fits the bill?

Thank you all. This is brilliant.

Closely fits the bill. Colour and front would be best, so I'm going to find a Zetec in that age and colour obviously but if I can't it looks like LX from around the same time might be a good substitute (I've found a few so far that match). It's drama reconstruction so it doesn't have to be exact but the closer we can get the better.

The LX in the same color would not have color coded mirrors/ door handles, (they would be black) there would be no fog lights (just "blanks", like fake vents, in black) and would probably not have the same wheels

but you would have to be very observant to notice the difference (apart from the wheels - which i feel would be noticable )

if it had steel wheels (16") you could fit these -

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FORD-MONDEO-MK3-16-WHEEL-TRIM-/331114563385?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item4d17f74739

which are similar to the zetec alloys/ look like alloys on the car

the standard pre-facelift wheel trims look like this (no good/ look like trims)-

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/One-New-Genuine-16-Ford-Mondeo-Wheel-Trim-LX-00-07-/261520887212?pt=UK_Cars_Parts_Vehicles_Wheels_tyre_Trims_Trims_ET&fits=Model%3AMondeo%7CPlat_Gen%3AMK+III&hash=item3ce3dc0dac

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club