Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Quite Concerned!

Ews

Somebody please help!

I'm on a nightshift at work tonight and 3 hrs after the start of my shift I happened to, by chance, go outside and noticed my car dashboard lights were still on. By dashboard lights i mean the centre screen was still on and all the buttons were lit up. I promptly got my keys and turned everything off. I will be closely monitoring this for the rest of the night.

That was one problem but now I have another - every time the bluetooth is activated, the car starts dialling a number! I mean the CAR starts dialling, not my phone. There is nothing happening on my phone at all, no dialling, no tone, nothing. I have checked the number and it is in my phonebook. This is very weird. If anybody has any suggestions i'd be very grateful as I don't know what to do. I have tried 'de-bonding' then 're-bonding' my phone but still got the same problem.

Thanks in advance, hope to hear from someone soon.

Ewan.

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

Maybe the softwear needs updating or rebooting ? First problem I'm not sure about. Did u pull the key out before it was fully into off prostitution? Had it happen to me on older Ford's.

Thanks for replying AJRTDDI, yes to be honest I did download an update onto a flash drive and attempt to install it. Needless to say it didn't work and I thought I may have done some damage, was kicking myself after! The bluetooth isn't dialling anymore now though so I'm hoping it's sorted itself out. It seems better. I had the music playing via bluetooth on the way to work tonight and it didn't dial once. Very relieved. I reckon I must've left the voice control on because after I cancelled it, via voice, it hasn't happened again, if this makes any sense to you.

I'm pretty sure the previous owner never did an update so I'm probably long overdue one! I'll have to book into a Ford garage soon.

Thanks again for the help.

Ews

If you've got the radio code, try disconnecting the battery. Go grab a cuppa and reconnect after an hour or so

• Like 1

If you want to save disconnecting the battery there should be a fuse you can pull to reset the audio/bluetooth unit. Or at least there is on the Mk2/2.5.

Quick look in the owners handbook should tell you for certain, would be 'audio modules supply' or similar.

• Like 1

Many thanks for all your helpful suggestions people, much appreciated . Car wise I am a total amateur so before I go and do anything as drastic as disconnect the battery or pull fuses out I'm gonna wait a bit. My car is booked into my local Ford garage in a couple days time to have an Audio update done so when it's in there I'm gonna tell the technicians about these problems and see if there is anything they can do about it. I've been looking on the Apple Forums and a great many people are complaining that, since they did the 8.0.2 update for the iPhone, they have been having serious issues with their bluetooth car stereo connections. Issues such as the 'dialling out' tone being cut off after 10 or so seconds and also when you receive a call it disconnects after a certain amount of time. These are the exact same problems that I have been having and I'm becoming more and more convinced that's it's because of this damn iPhone update! It makes me wonder if my other problem - the bluetooth DIALLING ON ITS OWN might be caused by the same thing. I hope so anyway! Apparently Apple are planning to release update 8.1 which will hopefully patch these problems up.

Again thanks for all your help.

Sent from Ews iPad.

If possible you could always try a non-apple phone and see if you get similar problems.

Don't be too worried about pulling a fuse now and then - that's the simpler way than disconnecting the battery but isn't harmful. Just with disconnecting the battery you also need to reset the windows so would save you doing that.

But if you're not comfy with that then fine to let the dealer look at it, just some are better than others.

I'm not running Ford audio/bluetooth now, plus I was very disappointed when my phone told me there wasn't enough free memory to update to the latest IOS. So I'm sticking with trusty IOS 6 a bit longer :P

• Like 1

Troy45, testing the connection with another (non Apple) phone is a good idea, thanks for that. I'm going to try that out a bit later.

I too was very disappointed when I didn't have the memory to do an IOS update on my phone but there is a way around this. If you have a computer, login to iTunes and connect your phone then do the update straight from iTunes itself, it's much easier this way. Worked for me.

My IOS 8 comment was tongue-in-cheek, my iPhone 4S works fine on IOS 6 and it just seems like later IOS versions just muck things up more and more :rolleyes:

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club