Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Latest update - not happy!!

BenW

Right ok, not sure if anybody else talked/moaned about this yet but I'm sure I'm not the only one and I want to share my latest worries.

I got a call from my dealer Friday. Basically just letting me know my car should be out of the factory over the weekend/early next week. Great news yes??? WRONG!! Apparently if my car is not out of the factory (ready for registering) by Tuesday my order will incur the extra charges from fords price increase as of 1st of July! I have no idea how that can be possible, but my dealer said they are in the process of trying to sort this out for me and many other customers, as for some reason ford have told my dealer that for all orders not registered by Tuesday (end of this month), regardless of when the order was actually placed will be included in the latest prices increases from Ford!

My dealer has told me not to worry, they will call me first thing Monday and let me know if my car can be registered or not and if I can bomb down there first thing Tuesday and get everything sorted (which will be a huge inconvenience given late notice and my duties at work). Everything sorted in terms of registered, financed, insured and taxed.

HOWEVER, if my car is not at a stage that can happen by tomorrow (Monday 29th) then it's a problem but fingers crossed the car can be registered Monday! Also worse case scenario "we have to cross that bridge when/if we get to it"

Now my dealer is are a major one, excellent service from initial order all the way through my delays, keeping me up to date, sharing frustration with how long this has actually taken etc. etc. No problems, but if this is the case with the price increases and everything is 100% honest I don't/can't blame them, but there is just no way I can let this happen!! 1: pay extra, why should I have to or want to!!! 2: I can't afford it so what does that mean for me if the dealers hands are tied 3: Cancellation of my order, really am I thinking about this?? :( 4: am I alone????

This has been my worry since Friday and I don't know what to do, given my luck with everything so far my car won't be ready come tomorrow. My dealer said they are in talks with ford and will look after me. But what does that mean exactly? The guy genuinely was treading carefully with me as perhaps he thought I could explode with rage.... which frankly I'm getting nearer and nearer to.

So should I be worried, and is it worth ringing ford customer relations or as I have not even had my car yet will they direct me back to the dealer!?

Thoughts? anyone else got outstanding orders and had this conversation???? Also what about the last price increase, nothing was said about that? Or has the dealer taken the hit for that but can't afford 2? bah!!

You bought your car when the price was X they cannot now turn around and say "ooo really sorry but are prices are going up so if you want the car your now going to have to pay X1".

When i ordered my car in Jan the prices went up twice (correct me if im wrong) and i never had to pay more for the car because of this, and either should you!!

Nothing wrong with ringing customer relations just to ask about it.

Hope you can sort this out!

If my dealer puts the price up on mine then I am not going to be able to have that car and will have to tell him to take the X Pack off. I have spent up to my budget and if they are going to increase the price by the 600 (plus a rumoured 200 extra for the Squeeze Green paint which I have heard is going to be a special) there is no way I can aford it.

I have checked the paperwork/contract I have signed and it does say that the price is guaranteed as long as the car is delivered within 3 months of the date of the contract which bearing in mind I signed on the 1 June then I guess as long as it is here for the 59 plates then there is not much they can do - if its later then I don't know . . .

dont get this , did you not get a receipt/order form when you payed a deposit of what your getting and the final payment , they cant make you pay more , you should only have to pay the agree'd price of when you ordered the car ?

Yea, it is like ordering something from amazon for £20, but then when it arives they charge you £30.

The price you pay is the price offered on the day of purchase! The contract, which you should have signed on the day of purchase (i.e. order date) should garuntee (price lock, i think ford call it) the price. If they are saying something different then question it all the way and take it further if needbe! After all, the price you pay is part of the reason for buying!

Hope it helps :)

Yea, it is like ordering something from amazon for £20, but then when it arives they charge you £30.

The price you pay is the price offered on the day of purchase! The contract, which you should have signed on the day of purchase (i.e. order date) should garuntee (price lock, i think ford call it) the price. If they are saying something different then question it all the way and take it further if needbe! After all, the price you pay is part of the reason for buying!

Hope it helps :)

price is only guarenteed for 3 months :s

will check my contract i guess.

oh yeah thats good!!! However, in my contract it does say if my car is on order and the price changes as long as im notified the price can be increased accordingly. I will question with my dealer that "announcement" from ford though.

When I ordered my car on 19 Feb the dealer explained that " the price is protected" and I would not pay any price incease should one occur before delivery. Delivery was just over three months later during which time the price had inceased, but I only paid the original, contracted price. Could you check with your dealer that your price was not also "price protected"?

I can't believe this! What a cheek, why should you have to inconvinience yourself just for them?

You should pay the price you were quoted when you ordered the car as that is the price you agreed too.

Let us know what happens x

to me it sounds like ford are saying "we make good cars but we love to make it really awkward for our "valued" customers and then to put the icing on the cake we like to charge even more money than originally agreed AND THEN we will make you wait months and months and months for the pleasure"

Dealer just rang, said still not out of factory but will give me a call tomorrow morning either way. He said also sorry to worry and thanks for understanding HOWEVER I will not incur any of the charges, if the order does change in price the dealer would take the hit on that so not to worry. So thats one thing, but he very politely said if it does come out of the factory tomorrow then could i please be there tue AM to get stuff sorted and then ensure the price is protected (for them). I have no problem doing that, inconvenient to arrange (done now) but at least it means progress on my car eh?

Fell bit better now clarified the price change wont directly affect me.

Allen Ford - Best dealer purchased from (ignoring the FORD waiting experience/price changes)!

glad to hear it. My fiesta is an allen ford car from many, many moons ago! but the sticker in the back window looks like alien ford...

price is only guarenteed for 3 months :s

will check my contract i guess.

But its not your fault if the car doesnt come within 3 MONTHS!!! If i was you i wouldnt be paying a penny more than was agreed when you ordered the car!

Dealer just rang, said still not out of factory but will give me a call tomorrow morning either way. He said also sorry to worry and thanks for understanding HOWEVER I will not incur any of the charges, if the order does change in price the dealer would take the hit on that so not to worry. So thats one thing, but he very politely said if it does come out of the factory tomorrow then could i please be there tue AM to get stuff sorted and then ensure the price is protected (for them). I have no problem doing that, inconvenient to arrange (done now) but at least it means progress on my car eh?

Fell bit better now clarified the price change wont directly affect me.

Allen Ford - Best dealer purchased from (ignoring the FORD waiting experience/price changes)!

Very glad to hear it!

Allen Ford is the dealer I have had all the problems with but mine is unique to my area I think as not heard any bad reports elsewhere!

Glad you dont have to pay the charges.

Hey glad its sorted for you, now you can concentrate on getting excited that come Tuesday you will have the car you have been waiting so !Removed! long for you could have built it youself, looking forward to seeing the pics hun as I know its going to be a great looking car with the spec you have chosen. xxx

But its not your fault if the car doesnt come within 3 MONTHS!!! If i was you i wouldnt be paying a penny more than was agreed when you ordered the car!

Yeah I would deff not pay more. Just wanted to share what was going on. I would deff not pay more but I certainly would not cancel my order!!

But yeah, not paying no more and order nearly complete and i can be a happy new fez owner :)

Yeah I would deff not pay more. Just wanted to share what was going on. I would deff not pay more but I certainly would not cancel my order!!

But yeah, not paying no more and order nearly complete and i can be a happy new fez owner :)

Im glad you shared your story :)

Car came out of factory today so im off to dealer 2mos to sign paperwork and get everything finalised. exciting stuff. should have it in about a week :)

Awww Ben, I'm well pleased for you. I swear it would be the most unfair thing if you had to pay extra for your car being delayed and it wasn't your fault. They should be giving you money not the other way round! Its taken so long and you have been the most calm and patient bloke. Just one more week or less and you will have your baby. :) Cant wait to see it!

Awww Ben, I'm well pleased for you. I swear it would be the most unfair thing if you had to pay extra for your car being delayed and it wasn't your fault. They should be giving you money not the other way round! Its taken so long and you have been the most calm and patient bloke. Just one more week or less and you will have your baby. :) Cant wait to see it!

+1! :P

just got home. car has been registered and taxed today. System still says expected delivery date 4th (sat) but very unlikely apparently. More likely get it following weekend. I will get a call when know more and as soon as my car turns up!! Dealer gave me £20 for my trouble today and said will fill my new car up with petrol too.

Was told it was unbelievable how long my car was in the factory (4 days)! Usually only 1! Progress progress tho eh. I counted 24 new fiestas on my way home from the dealer! lolz!

So excited now!!

I too was messed about for over 3 months, during which time I had 8 delivery dates. I grew more and more frustrated, eventually hating this thing that was giving me so much grief. Even when I visited the dealer to check on delivery, only to be told that it had arrived, but no-one had bothered to tell me, I just walked away. Collection restored my enthusiasm a little, but a couple of days driving the car put the smile back on my face! Now, a month on I can't get enough of it - it's a brilliant motor. I really hope that you have the same pleasure - after all this time, you deserve it. Good luck.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club