Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Latest update - not happy!!

BenW

Well as soon as the dealer calls you you should get your camera and get down there and let us all see what it looks like . . . . and to share in your excitment at it being so close now

or cud take the rents HD camcorder.... lol, think of the looks id get ;)

lmao

Who's the rent?

Paul, Paul, Paul - showing your age... :P

Rents = Parents

Paul, Paul, Paul - showing your age... :P

Rents = Parents

No - showing my sexuality - Rents = Rent Boys :lol::lol::lol:

No - showing my sexuality - Rents = Rent Boys :lol::lol::lol:

LOL!!

I actually thought it was an 'Englander' term!

Take the camcorder!!!!

Right ok, not sure if anybody else talked/moaned about this yet but I'm sure I'm not the only one and I want to share my latest worries.

I got a call from my dealer Friday. Basically just letting me know my car should be out of the factory over the weekend/early next week. Great news yes??? WRONG!! Apparently if my car is not out of the factory (ready for registering) by Tuesday my order will incur the extra charges from fords price increase as of 1st of July! I have no idea how that can be possible, but my dealer said they are in the process of trying to sort this out for me and many other customers, as for some reason ford have told my dealer that for all orders not registered by Tuesday (end of this month), regardless of when the order was actually placed will be included in the latest prices increases from Ford!

My dealer has told me not to worry, they will call me first thing Monday and let me know if my car can be registered or not and if I can bomb down there first thing Tuesday and get everything sorted (which will be a huge inconvenience given late notice and my duties at work). Everything sorted in terms of registered, financed, insured and taxed.

HOWEVER, if my car is not at a stage that can happen by tomorrow (Monday 29th) then it's a problem but fingers crossed the car can be registered Monday! Also worse case scenario "we have to cross that bridge when/if we get to it"

Now my dealer is are a major one, excellent service from initial order all the way through my delays, keeping me up to date, sharing frustration with how long this has actually taken etc. etc. No problems, but if this is the case with the price increases and everything is 100% honest I don't/can't blame them, but there is just no way I can let this happen!! 1: pay extra, why should I have to or want to!!! 2: I can't afford it so what does that mean for me if the dealers hands are tied 3: Cancellation of my order, really am I thinking about this?? :( 4: am I alone????

This has been my worry since Friday and I don't know what to do, given my luck with everything so far my car won't be ready come tomorrow. My dealer said they are in talks with ford and will look after me. But what does that mean exactly? The guy genuinely was treading carefully with me as perhaps he thought I could explode with rage.... which frankly I'm getting nearer and nearer to.

So should I be worried, and is it worth ringing ford customer relations or as I have not even had my car yet will they direct me back to the dealer!?

Thoughts? anyone else got outstanding orders and had this conversation???? Also what about the last price increase, nothing was said about that? Or has the dealer taken the hit for that but can't afford 2? bah!!

Ive not read any of the other posts in this thread, but once the deposit is paid the deal is done at the agreed price!

I will have had mine 7 weeks tomorrow and we ordered 1 day apart. Fair enough I had no extras apart from rear parking sensors.

In those 7 weeks though I have

1) damaged my wing mirror

2) been keyed (or accidently scratched) on the passenger door

3) got a parking ticket.

They say things happen in 3s so hopefully that was my lot :lol:

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club