• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 606 posts
  • Name: steve
  • Ford Model: Focus Titanium mk2.5
  • Year: 2010

Posted 28 June 2009 - 10:39 AM

hi guys

could i ask what people use to clean there windows on there cars , and also if there is anything good to clean the wiper blades ? i noticed on my old car that my wipers would build up with black grease and cause the windows to smear a lot .

i would like to keep my wipers and windows as clean as possible so what does everyone do?

cheers

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 mattyi26

mattyi26

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 48 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Zetec S
Posted 28 June 2009 - 11:06 AM

dont use any cleaning stuff like shampoo etc etc on the blades, can perish them after time. Just a nice soft damp cloth and run it along the sides of the blades, as for the windows u want to use sumthing thats got a tiny amount of achocol in it, like most car window cleaning products that you can buy, will help prevent smearing.

Matt

#3 mitch84

mitch84

Too much time on the boards

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 606 posts
  • Name: steve
  • Ford Model: Focus Titanium mk2.5
  • Year: 2010

Posted 28 June 2009 - 11:18 AM

dont use any cleaning stuff like shampoo etc etc on the blades, can perish them after time. Just a nice soft damp cloth and run it along the sides of the blades, as for the windows u want to use sumthing thats got a tiny amount of achocol in it, like most car window cleaning products that you can buy, will help prevent smearing.

Matt

thanks matt

#4 gtl11

gtl11

• Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Ford Model: fiesta mk4 facelift
Posted 28 June 2009 - 01:01 PM

dunno how true this myth is as i have never tried it myself but i have heard vinegar is good for cleaning wiper blades
As for windows i usually just use ordinary window cleaner that you would normally use on the windows of your house

#5 Truly55

Truly55

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 163 posts
  • Ford Model: Hot Magenta Titanium 1.4 with Tech Pack

Posted 28 June 2009 - 04:48 PM

dunno how true this myth is as i have never tried it myself but i have heard vinegar is good for cleaning wiper blades
As for windows i usually just use ordinary window cleaner that you would normally use on the windows of your house

...and dry your windows off with newspapers ;) If you don't know why ask your dear old granny. Granny knows best. :lol:

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users