Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Zetec S Ambient Lighting?

d4z0mg

So I picked up my zetec s today and in the brochure it said zetec and titanium have ambient lighting, I assumed this included the zetec s but all I've got is red lights in the cup holder. Does the S not have them above the glove box, in the door trays etc?

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

I wouldn't be too concerned with door pocket ones. They shine into pockets from door handle but are a bit too subtle for my liking. The glove box one is nice though. Maybe can be retro fitted ?

As I recall, the picture in the brochure showing 'ambient' lighting is far removed from the two lit cup holders - a bit like the MPG claim!

• Like 1

My new Zetec S (picked up last Thursday) is actually going back to the dealer tomorrow so he can investigate why I don't have the ambient light above the glovebox.

Another car in the showroom (and less spec) at the time I ordered had this light in it.

Could it be a batch have been missed?

I'm sure it states in the brochure that the Zetec S does not come with Ambient lighting.

You need to watch when you say lesser spec as it takes a branch between the sport look and spec look after zetec imo

Sorry - the correct wording would be that the one in the showroom - which was also a Zetec S but didn't have the convenience pack or the auto lights/wipers (which mine came with) had the ambient light above the glovebox.

Ahh sorry. Same model. Yeah weird. You checked your car on the etis site to see if it says anything contradictory

Is the ambient lighting turned on in the vehicle settings?

Haha that would be funny if it was that, though a nice solution.

Yeah it's turned on in the settings. I guess aftermarket is my only choice then, tbh its only the foot wells and glovebox strip in worried about, may get round to it one day then

Haha. I did wonder this myself.

There is just nothing there - no light to turn on :-(

In the brochure it says ambient lighting is standard on Zetec, titanium, titanium X and ST. Illuminated cup holders standard on Zetec S, titanium, titanium X and ST seems odd to not have the light above the glovebox but illuminated cup holders.

Looks like us Zetec S people don't get ambient lighting other than the cup holders :-(post-58791-141219667797_thumb.jpg

You only get the cup holders and footwells on the S.

Quite weird you get them on zetec but not s.

I have a standard ZS and I have the red strip above the gloebox as well as the cup holders.

• 2 years later...
On 02/10/2014 at 2:47 PM, nathanrichardsr said:

I have a standard ZS and I have the red strip above the gloebox as well as the cup holders.

Hi, I've just bought a 65 plate Zetec S Red Edition and it doesn't have the glove box LED strip either but do have the cup holder LED's. It's going back to the dealership to investigate but would you be able to send me a reg number to compare just in case they say they never came standard? Don't worry if not,I'd completely understand. Thanks 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club