Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sportka Running Problems

Gixxerboy69

Hi everyone,

I have owned my sportka since Jan this year without any problems.

However the car has developed a misfire at low revs when pulling away.

I replaced the plugs and HT leads and this seemed to be ok for a couple of days.

However it has now started doing it again.

I have noticed that the air box had broken away from it's mounting on top of the grill, not noticed it before though. I have used some gaffa tape to re-attach it and make it air tight but the car is still misfiring at low revs or when the engine is labored in a high gear at low revs.

Has anyone got any idea what it could be at all?

Many thanks Dave

Mine did exactly the same and the airbox was the same too.My hubby put in iridium plugs and went the whole hog and replaced the HT leads with Magnecor KV85 Race leads,a bit pricey but mine now runs as sweet as nut with no hesitation at all.Cost all together was just short of £90,worth every penny

• 4 weeks later...

u could also try sticking a bottle of redex fuel system cleaner in the tank cos sometimes its not a misfire its a blocked injector. its a cheap option to try before forking out for new leads etc

Most of the air boxes get broken in the same place, but it doesn't affect the cars running. Could be the coil pack or as stated above a blocked or partially blocked injector. These seem to varnish up especially when using supermarket fuels. These have less cleaning additives and have caused numerous issues with our cars especially the SportKA we used to own.

bruce which fuel supplier would you recommend over supermarkets then? i get most of mine from tesco but might have to reconsider.

my next choice would be esso as i can still collect tesco clubcard points.

cheers,

Del

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club