Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

St Badges Replacments.

bluemippy

I have a focus st facelift model and the badges on the wings need replacing(looks like they have worn away some how) I have priced up two form my local ford dealership but I am wondering how to take the old ones off with out causing any damage and to put the new ones on and making sure they stay on.

Any replies would be very grateful.

If they are fixed with adhesive best way to remove them is to heat them with a hairdryer and gently slide a credit card behind to break the seal, others use fishing line or even dental floss. The new ones will just stick on as the adhesive will already be on them.

If they are fixed with bolts you will need to get behind the wing to get them off but I wouldn't think they will be.

The ST wing badges are stuck on with adhesive tape - warming them up with a hair drier will help get them off.

The badge is actually a sandwich of outer surface, some adhesive then a backing plate so it's possible the badge may split apart as you remove it but it's still the same removal process if it splits before fully coming off the wing. Don't pull too much on the outer cover in case the metal edges then dig into the paintwork slightly as it comes off.

Helps to warm up the back surface of the new badges before fitting them - in a lot of cases they're put in heaters in the factory before fitting, depending on the spec of the adhesive tape.

Bit late now but I'm not sure if the wing badges are covered in the badge replacement program that Ford are running for cars up to 10 years old.....

Thank you for your replies please could you tell me more about the badge replacement program as my car is six years old and the badges look a mess.

I have been down to my local ford dealership and they didn't know anything about it, they after many minutes keyboard bashing they found it, but to my disappointment it only covered the FORD front and rear the guy in parts learned something new today anyhow, but thanks for your replies.

Pity the side badges aren't covered - I had a feeling that was the case :(

Least you managed to teach your Ford parts guy something - always handy to have them on your side.

It's a couple of years back now but all my badges were still in good condition when I replaced them with satin black versions.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club