Do Not Sell My Personal Information

6000Cd Loss Of Rear Speakers And Now Fade!

michael74

Evening all.

I have a 04 Mk2 Focus. When I brought it the rear Speakers would come on and off as I went over a big bumps, (loose connection somewhere I thought). Going up the motrorway one day over a big bump the rear Speakers cut out, never heard them again.

Recently I took the radio out, all the wires looms and connections look fine, put it back, tried the Front / Rear fader, only working at the front.

Had a bit of spare time today, took radio out again today with the intention of putting my mutimeter across the back to see if I could get +ve to the rear Speakers, but battery died in multimeter...... Anyways I gave up the job, put the radio back but now when I press the Balance/Fade button I only get the option to adjust the balance.......

My question is, where did the fade option go?

Thanks in advance

Michael

The radio seems to disable the fader when it does not detect rear speaker after a battery reconnect, i.e., the fader should come back once you get the rear Speakers working again, and do another battery (or radio) reconnect.

Thanks tomtom. I did wonder if the problem is at the Speakers, however the problem was with both of them simultaneously the chances of the wires on both Speakers disconnecting at the same time to me is remote and I have neither the time, the tools nor the patience to try to take off the door trim (easer to get into a bank vault). So I suspect it could be the radio end, as I said the loom and connector block is fine, I bet a dry joint on a circuit board in the radio.

• 2 weeks later...

I got a second hand radio off fleabay this week as I wanted the Aux option as my original has the CDDJ option and I need to plug my iPOD in for long journeys, so I took a punt, guess what, no rear Speakers, although this new unit does allow me to try to fade to the rear Speakers, looks like its going to be a auto electrician...

• 2 years later...

I have the same problem only all four Speakers are dead and only the two tweeters are active. I know the Speakers are good because they came alive again yesterday but died again today. I changed the head unit for a new one today but still have the same problem.

Any ideas? 

• 1 month later...

Do you have aux plugged in in the glove compartment? 

Cuz I have somewhat the same issue and when I open, close the box find that the audio  turns on and off while it's moving (my guess is a broken cable from the stereo to the aux port)

Maybe it could be the problem you're having to.

Also it could be that some cable got loose when you hit that bump.

Hoping for an easy fix :) 

Hi. 

No mine didn't have the aux port. Mine had a fixed car phone I'm guessing looking at the holes and whoever removed it before I bought the car has made a hash of the wiring! 

• 2 years later...

I have the same issue, all was working fine until I had a flat battery and the car would not start. Since then I changed the battery and re-entered the code and now no rear speakers and no fade option. Do you think a radio reset will fix the issue? Speakers had been fine the day before. Plus I removed a few fuses as the car woun't start after the new battery was fitted. Used the wooden part of the hammer to tap the starter motor and now it starts every time.

• 1 year later...
On 5/23/2017 at 9:11 PM, fladavid said:

I have the same problem only all four Speakers are dead and only the two tweeters are active. I know the Speakers are good because they came alive again yesterday but died again today. I changed the head unit for a new one today but still have the same problem.

Any ideas? 

Hi!I have the same problem like you!Did you manage to fix it, please?

• 2 weeks later...

I'm afraid not. 

Got another Focus now and the wife has the infuriating one instead! Lol

• 4 months later...

i just did up a dead cmax and connected raidio and same preoblem no fade or back Speakers im close to re wiring i know you can use a 1.5v battery to check so two bits of copper and  see if i can get a scratching noise lol

• 1 year later...

Did anyone find why this was happening? I have the same issue, though I got the car and the rears/front left never worked until today! What could be wrong? I checked with another unit and the same, so it's not the unit. There isn't a fade option also.