Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Diesel Fuel Return Pipes Disconnecting

wideawakewesley

About a month ago I noticed a leak around the #1 injector. I took the car to Ford, who diagnosed I needed replacement fuel return pipes. A month later and the return pipe popped out of the #1 injector. Ford have had the car back in, checked everything over and gave it the all clear, but the problem reoccurred within a day. I plan to take it back in again, but I'm curious if anyone has ideas what might be causing this beyond shoddy workmanship or a duff set of return pipes.

Ford have told me the injectors have been tested and are working correctly, so that's at least one thing off my mind. They also said the return pipes aren't under any significant pressure that would cause them to disconnect. It all seems a bit strange, but this is well beyond the scope of my knowledge.

Any ideas?

post-2514-0-98599800-1412521040_thumb.jp

are the return pipe clips inserted securely? its a small silver/green clip that is inserted around the injector that locks the pipes into place. if you could get a picture of the injector with the return pipe that would help

the clip looks like this

$_35.JPG

I've attached an image to the original post. Forgot to also mention that after the first time it went back, it also occurred on the return on Injector #4. The picture above was taken before I pushed the return back in. Both times I've had to do that they've given a reassuring click and don't easily feel like they would pull out again.

• 7 years later...

Anybody find out what was wrong with his return pipes coming off? I have the same issue but its pressure related. It seems that fuel pressure is getting too high but the return pipe back to the tank is completely clear. Somehow there is pressure coming into the return pipe inbetween the actual return pipe on the injectors and the main return fuel line leading back to the tank. Inbetween there is a t piece that connects to a pump and I think something has gone in the pump like a valve or something that is causing excess pressure going in the return line that connects straight to the injectors which is causing the lines to pop off because the pressure is too high to escape back to the tank as it is an abnormal load. Any suggestions would be muchly appreciated. I've read about problems with the return pipes popping off and mine is the same situation as the OP but there doesn't seem to be any real solutions/answers online. Could be the fuel pressure regulator/sensor?

Edited by Nic ggg
Added information

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club