Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Ka Running Problems

widowsson666

Hi,

New to the forum so be gentle with me,need your help have a 2004 ka 62,000 miles on the clock and it's driving nuts,will describe the symptoms and hopefully you can answer as I have exhausted my searches on google trying diagnose the fault,car starts first time every time withe no issues can do 100`s of miles without issue till I stop and let it cool down I'm talking less than half hour and when I start it runs rough like it's on 3 cylinders lack of power like it's gone into limp mode but in morning starts first time and drives spot on,have replaced the plugs,coil,air filter,pollen filter and water temperature sensor still the same faults and engine management light comes on,any ideas please as I'm loosing my patience and will scrap it if I cannot find a solution, any help would be great!

Thanks in advance

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

yea first step (apart from looking on here) would be to get a local garage (not Ford dealership cos they charge a ridiculous price) to plug in their diagnostic tool and get a fault code.

i am guessing you may get a cylinder misfire code because i am in the same boat!

i have replaced plugs, leads, coil pack, battery, fuel filter. it ran fine for a couple months and now i have the EXACT same symptoms as you.

mine is 2004 plate 80,000 miles.

could be due to the fact that i bought cheap aftermarket parts rather than genuine ford ones?

ford wanted £100 just for a set of leads whereas the non-genuine ones were only £25.

think im gona try find a set of genuine ones on eBay before i splash out £100 just incase its not actually the leads causing the problem.

input from anyone greatly appreciated :)

• 2 weeks later...

after a long process of elimination my problem seems to possibly have been resolved by simply putting a bottle of redex valve cleaner int he fuel tank! give it a go widow :)