Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bad First Car Buying Experience - Or The Norm?

firstcar

I noticed after reading this thread that the banner ads on this site are now from Trust Ford lol. It's as if they're trying to claw back some of their reputation. It would be good if you could change their ads to include some of your opinions on their customer service.

• Like 1

Hi Rose

No I didn't...no-one wanted to know. Customer Services weren't interested the moment I told them I had not signed the Contract.

I did find an address to write to the directors in the US. I'd written most of my letter but then had some health issues to deal with and didn't think I'd be taken seriously writing to them almost a year later so it's just sitting on my desktop. Strange that you ask now as only last week I was saying to my friend how disappointed I was that I had not been able to take it further.

I think I'll go to Car Giant in the future.

It's shocking that this behaviour is not only the norm, but that head office know about it and aren't prepared to clamp down on it. Where else in the service industry would you get away with this? I am fortunate enough to be able to even do anything about it but what about all those other people who have been conned???

That's trust ford for you. I had a nightmare experience with then as well and will never go back to them. Other ford dealers I've dealt with where really good and no problems. To cut a long story short it ended with the sales manager causing an argument with me and me really wanting to knock his head off his shoulders. But on the plus side after the dealings he had with me he's now seeking new employment.

• Like 2

What was your experience? And who are Trustford (ironic name considering their business model)/what is their relationship to Ford? The staff were not able to tell me and I don't think I got to the bottom of when all this was going on.

And while I'm writing, whenever I'm charging something in my car, be it phone, iPad or sat nav, it doesn't work whilst it's charging. Does anyone know what this might be? I don't think my cigarette lighter's working either.

Trust Ford is a local group formerly known as Dagenham motors

I just want to add my thoughts about TrustFord. I just bought a car off them. It's taken a while to get one as nothing was coming up at the right price and literally the only one that had arrived had been sold while the salesman dealing with me had a day off (annoying there was no communication between staff to say that I already wanted to put a deposit down but they wouldn't let me until it went through their checks and they decided it was ok for sale). So a car comes up and I did get a good deal I think. Maybe partly because of some miscommunication on their part regarding the other car and also my the salesman didn't leave any details out for his colleague to give me deposit refund so that was a faff. Partly because i've been trying to get a car for ages and they probably want rid of me lol Anyway...

I must be the most nightmare customer they have as I know little about cars, didn't have anyone go with me and basically went over everything with suspicion. I did get some wrong information about a feature in the car from the tech there. Annoying but still went for the car. Drove away happy with what I had and also with a full tank of petrol. Had a query about dash lights which this branch couldn't seem to answer but a TrustFord closer to me was actually able to find out in a few minutes (once I finally got through - very busy service department!). I also at the same time discovered my Wiper Blades were smearing water (bit naff to have worn blades from a Ford garage I thought) and new ones would be £40 at Halfords. That same garage got me in immediately to replace them for free.

I did spend a lot of money (for me) on the car but I feel happy getting the car from them. Also impressed with the other branch for sorting my question and blades out straight away.

Not sure what the deal is but I also had an email today saying thanks for buying the car and that because I did I get free brake pads for the life of the car?? Wasn't expecting that so if there's no catch then even happier!

Cars are a nightmare for those with no knowledge and as a woman I also feel a bit vunerable to salespitch. I didn't feel pushed at all by Ford tho. Other little garages, oh yes!

Yet admit I haven't had the pleasure of buying a car from trust Ford, however my three ford's have always been well looked after by them over the years. I find their service is excellent, they don't mess me around and they are quite trustworthy. Don't get me wrong, when the car goes in I do get some loonatic prices for replacement parts but I just leave it till it needs doing or I replace it myself or via a garage

I just want to add my thoughts about TrustFord. I just bought a car off them. It's taken a while to get one as nothing was coming up at the right price and literally the only one that had arrived had been sold while the salesman dealing with me had a day off (annoying there was no communication between staff to say that I already wanted to put a deposit down but they wouldn't let me until it went through their checks and they decided it was ok for sale). So a car comes up and I did get a good deal I think. Maybe partly because of some miscommunication on their part regarding the other car and also my the salesman didn't leave any details out for his colleague to give me deposit refund so that was a faff. Partly because i've been trying to get a car for ages and they probably want rid of me lol Anyway...

I must be the most nightmare customer they have as I know little about cars, didn't have anyone go with me and basically went over everything with suspicion. I did get some wrong information about a feature in the car from the tech there. Annoying but still went for the car. Drove away happy with what I had and also with a full tank of petrol. Had a query about dash lights which this branch couldn't seem to answer but a TrustFord closer to me was actually able to find out in a few minutes (once I finally got through - very busy service department!). I also at the same time discovered my wiper blades were smearing water (bit naff to have worn blades from a Ford garage I thought) and new ones would be £40 at Halfords. That same garage got me in immediately to replace them for free.

I did spend a lot of money (for me) on the car but I feel happy getting the car from them. Also impressed with the other branch for sorting my question and blades out straight away.

Not sure what the deal is but I also had an email today saying thanks for buying the car and that because I did I get free brake pads for the life of the car?? Wasn't expecting that so if there's no catch then even happier!

Cars are a nightmare for those with no knowledge and as a woman I also feel a bit vunerable to salespitch. I didn't feel pushed at all by Ford tho. Other little garages, oh yes!

Was that from trust ford in Ashton Bristol?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club