Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Iphones Always Playing Music When Connected To Sync Via Bluetooth

quaffa

Hi all.

Further to my last query about track/artist displaying via Sync, (which I never did get resolved to my satisfaction), we realised the other day that Sync seems to be causing the batteries on our iPhones to go prematurely flat.

It seems that whenever one of our iPhones is paired to Sync via bluetooth it starts playing music in the iPhone's music app, even though we're not listening to the music that it's playing. So instead of the phone being in stand-by mode and using virtually no power it is using power to run the app.

I thought it was a problem with the iPhone settings, so I posted a support request on Apple Discussions. https://discussions.apple.com/message/26771996?ac_cid=op123456#26771996

The answer I got back from there was that it wasn't an iPhone setting that was causing the trouble, but a setting in the Sync system. I've looked through the relevant bits in the Sync 'Quick Reference Guide' document that came with the car, but it doesn't specifically mention a setting that is responsible for starting music playing when it isn't required, or how to stop it from doing so. (I'm even less impressed with this Sync thing now...)

Has anyone any idea how we can stop this happening please?

If you close the music app or any streaming apps for music videos on your iPhone, does it still automatically play something?

To be honest I'm not absolutely sure, because we only notice that it's been playing the music silently the next time we take our iPhones out of our pockets... Perhaps I should do more tests.

But it seems to play the music regardless; as soon as we next click the top button on our phones, expecting to see the log-in keypad, we see the music playing. ie. With our phones still locked.

I've noticed the same on my mothers Fiesta with sync, phone is always playing music via bluetooth even when you're listening to the radio etc and that was with iPhone 4S running IOS 6. You'd see the little 'play'arrow at the top of the screen next to battery level etc.

So it could well be a Sync issue rather than with the IOS. Then again I can imagine the answers you'll get off Ford and Apple will likely blame each other :rolleyes: I've never gone to the trouble of reading up on how Sync works as I hardly ever use the car but it seems a lot less intuitive than the bluetooth set-up in my 2010 Focus.

I dont mean to start any ios v android but sync works exactly as it should on my s3 mini.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club