Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Strange beep noise

dfoord

Hello all you clever focus owners

I have been hearing a strange beep noise (only sometimes) and only when i turn my key in the ignition

the car starts ok and runs nice and everything works

so does anyone know what the noise could be ????

As i said it is random and it only happens (sometimes) when i start the car

thanks for reading

:unsure:

Hello all you clever focus owners

I have been hearing a strange beep noise (only sometimes) and only when i turn my key in the ignition

the car starts ok and runs nice and everything works

so does anyone know what the noise could be ????

As i said it is random and it only happens (sometimes) when i start the car

thanks for reading

:unsure:

Sorry forgot to mention my car is 1.6 lx 02 reg manual with climate pack

Come on someone must know something :blink:

I distinctly remember typing a reply to this, dunno where it went.

There are two noises that spring to mind which could be branded a 'beep'. There's the indicator tick sound, and the 'bong' sound like when you've got the door open, ignition off, with the lights on.

I would assume its the former - I had it myself ages ago. What I did was stick the car into diagnostic mode, then leave it 30s to exit diagnostic mode by itself and it hasn't happened since.

To go into diagnostic mode, open any door (I use the driver's door) and press the door switch on the B-pillar 8 times within 6 seconds. You'll hear a tick. At this point you can press the keys on the remote and you should hear further ticks if the car is picking up a signal (its not essential that you do this). Wait 30 seconds and you'll hear another tick.

If its not a 'tick', and its not a 'bong', then.... I dunno.

I distinctly remember typing a reply to this, dunno where it went.

There are two noises that spring to mind which could be branded a 'beep'. There's the indicator tick sound, and the 'bong' sound like when you've got the door open, ignition off, with the lights on.

I would assume its the former - I had it myself ages ago. What I did was stick the car into diagnostic mode, then leave it 30s to exit diagnostic mode by itself and it hasn't happened since.

To go into diagnostic mode, open any door (I use the driver's door) and press the door switch on the B-pillar 8 times within 6 seconds. You'll hear a tick. At this point you can press the keys on the remote and you should hear further ticks if the car is picking up a signal (its not essential that you do this). Wait 30 seconds and you'll hear another tick.

If its not a 'tick', and its not a 'bong', then.... I dunno.

Thanks for replying but no its a bleep just as i turn the key and just before ignition fires up

i have not left doors open or anything like that

the noise seems to come from the ignition area

thanks again ;)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club