Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Stereo Wiring

Sean Hinder

My son is doing up a W reg Ford Fiesta Ztech. After removing the stereo leaving behind all the wiring from the Ford stereo.

The New stereo has the following wiring: 8 wirers in total

1 x double white to connect to the connector for the front (Lch) speaker.

1 x (one of each) grey and black to connect to the connector for the (Rch) speaker

1 x double violet to connect to the connector for the front (Rch speaker)

1 x single blue = auto antenna output 200mA (does this mean it does it as it is? or has it got to be connected?)

1 x (one of each) Green and Black to connect to the connector for the right (Lch) speaker

1 x single red to connect to the connector for the ignition key (ACC)

1 x single yellow to connect to the connecter for the memory back-up 12v

1 x single black to connect to the connector for the negative ground

For example: where I say grey and black this is the two wires part at the bottom to give two separate connections and at the top they have about one centimetre of bare wire on each peace for connecting. The wires are about eight inches long.

Our problem is simple for some one that knows wring, but we don't. There are loads of wirers from the back of the old ford stereo connecters and we have know idea which ones to use to match up to the new wires.

We have tried going by the Haynes manual, but it all looked like a load of spaghetti!

The stereo is a KLARHEIT USB/SD/MP3 RADIO PLAYER.

Can ANY ONE help sort the wiring out for us, what colour goes to what colour?

Regards

Sean

To be honest it is quicker and easier to buy a patch lead, available from Halfords for a premium or amazon if you can wait a few days. Basically it has the ford style connection and it changes it to the connection of the new stereo. I think I paid about 8 quid on amazon for a Mondeo to Sony lead.

Sent from my Gen 1 WAP phone

• Like 1

thank you for getting back to me. I will try this. It sounds a much better way.

Regards

Sean

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club