Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I've Now Got Usb

nbuuifx

I managed to get the replacement bluetooth module with USB.

It seems to work well and wasn't too had to get to and to replace. I wanted it mainly for USB, to have a USB stick full of songs and be able to select them on the convers+ and it does this very well.

It will also be useful when the kids are watching a film on the ipad/nexus to be able to play the sound through the car Speakers over bluetooth.

I use my iPhone for satnav and it's been a bit of a pain as the satnav audio is automatically routed to bluetooth and without streaming I couldn't hear the satnav unless I disabled bluetooth but then I couldn't receive calls. Now it all seems to work perfectly. I have to play music on my phone rather than the usb stick but it automatically softens the music when the satnav speaks and all seems to work well.

My only downsides are...

When on Bluetooth streaming the Sony DAB shows the song title etc but the Convers+ doesn't - it just shows 'scan'.

If I plug my iPhone into the USB, I get no sound unless I plug the audio cable in as well, I thought this had been fixed with a firmware update - my convers+ is on 1007 so the latest I can use - so I presume it must have been a firmware update for another component? - I'm not that fussed by this though as I doubt I will ever use it like this.

• Like 1

Hi Nubuuifx

Can I ask ?

Was the usb lead behind the glove box or did you have to buy one? How much did it cost and easy to find on high st or internet, Also was it a straight swap of bt module, old one out new one pluged in?

I am looking to do the same as I want to be able to stream music from phone and use sat nav on phone with audio. As like you have to choose directions or phone calls.

Thank you in advance for any help advise you can send my way.

Chris

• Like 1

It didn't take long.

Remove torx screws from front of glovebox.

Remove two 10 mm bolts from ceiling of glovebox.

Pull glove box forward

Detach cable from left (passenger airbag disable switch) - cable is attached even if you don't have the switch

Detach cable from light/switch at the top - push in little prong on side and pull to remove.

Detach cable from aux in, again push tab in on the side and pull.

Set glove box to one side.

I then sat on the door sill with and was able to bend round and look up and round to see the module. This was removed with 1 torx screw.

The module then dropped down far enough. There was one big cable to remove which was removed by moving the white lever over on the cable.

The replacement module was just plug and play the lever just went the other way as I plugged it back in.

The new module then had a mini usb slot on it. I plugged an old mini USB OTG cable into this which converted it to a female USB then I used a short USB extension which I pushed through the hole in the back of the glovebox.

The cable is then just loose in the glovebox with a USB stick plugged in.

Putting it all back together was just the reverse of taking it apart.

The module needs to start with:

8M5T-19C112-A

There will be one more digit - this needs to be an 'N' or newer. (P,Q,R,S,T etc)

There are a few on eBay at the moment:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_odkw=8M5T-19C112+module&_ftrt=901&_sop=12&_sadis=15&_geositeid=3&_dmd=1&LH_LocatedIn=3&_from=R40|R40|R40&_osacat=0&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEFSRCHX%3ASRCH&_ipg=50&_ftrv=1&_from=R40&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.X8M5T-19C112+module&_nkw=8M5T-19C112+module&_sacat=0

OTG Cable:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/USB-FEMALE-TO-MINI-5-PIN-MALE-CABLE-CONNECTOR-F-M-WITH-OTG-FUNCTION-12CM-UK-/201164436101?pt=UK_Computing_USB_Cables&hash=item2ed655b285

I paid £80 for my replacement module, other have reported getting them for £60ish.

• Like 1

Thanks for that I have ordered a module ending AR. Only need to get the cable again thank you for the picture so I can get the right one.

• Like 1

No problem, I don't know if you can get a longer one to save having an extension lead as well, but the one I have is the same as that one. Due to the cheapness of the OTG cable I did find mine a bit loose. So when I plugged the extension cable in, I wrapped insulation tape around it to seal the join together. That bit is hidden once the glove box is in anyway.

I think you can get the bits to make up the surface mounted bit but to be honest because it is hidden in the glove box, I'd prefer to just use cables I had lying around rather than sourcing and spending out on expensive bits that will never be seen.

I've got to say I love it - well worth it!

• Like 1

Not sure if I missed this, but did you have bluetooth before and just got the USB compatible module?

• Like 1

Not sure if I missed this, but did you have bluetooth before and just got the USB compatible module?

I originally had bluetooth for phone only, and I had Voice Control.

Following the upgrade I now have, bluetooth for phone, bluetooth for streaming audio, voice control, ipod control, and usb.

• Like 1

Help needed (please)

Have changed my AN module for one ending AR.

Changed it over but I still can't get my phone to play via bt got calls but no music.

Question

Do I need to change any settings to get this to work?

Thank you for any help with this.

• Like 1

What head unit are you using?

• Like 1

Did you change to aux input on the Sony?

• Like 1

No I didn't. I also connected a usb lead. When pushing cd only went cd -aux, didn't show usb or will this only show when I have a device connected.

• Like 1

Only shows at connection I think but the firmware needs checking as well... Try putting it to aux first.

• Like 1

You can only select USB when you have something connected. Start by plugging a basic small USB drive in. Make sure that the USB drive is formatted using FAT32.

Please post the full part number of your old bluetooth module, and the full part number of your new one.

There is a an update floating around that you can put on a USB stick to update part of the firmware, but I didn't need to do it.

Does your voice control still work?

What convers+ version have you got?

What age is your vehicle?

bluetooth streaming should show as an aux option too once you have connected your phone and you go to aux, I'm guessing if it isn't showing that you may need to update firmware.

• Like 1

I believe the following file is the latest update:

http://www.sdgelectronics.com/images/talkford/ford_audio_update.zip

That is the April 2012 update - I don't think they have released any since. You put it on a USB stick and turn the car on but don't start the engine. It takes 20 mins or so to update.

Do some reading first, I've not tried it and wouldn't want you to damage anything!

• Like 1

Thanks for that. I am away on training at mo will have a look when back

See if I can get the Internet at hotel for file down load.

In answer to the question

Yes voice control still working.

2009 59plate 140 hp. 2.0 tdci titanium

Old module ended AN. new ending AR

In answer to the question

Yes voice control still working.

2009 59plate 140 hp. 2.0 tdci titanium

Old module ended AN. new ending AR

You posted before about the ending - what is the full part number though?

Also - what is your convers+ version? You can find out by holding OK when you turn the ignition on - should get you into the test menu which among other things will tell you the version.

• 2 months later...

Hi sorry so long to get back on line.

Problem unit does not change to usb even with memory stick in fat 32 connected,

Blue tooth module pt no 8M5T-19G488-AR, when first connected phone showed 2 ford BT. the light on usb mem stick lights up so has got power, the update is on the stick.

HOW do i get stereo to update when it does not pick up usb have removed module and plugged back in after 5 mins out of car still no joy to get update, have read about what model stereo and converse how do i find this out?

etis states:

Less Auxiliary Compact Disc Player, Conventional Instruments - Level 3, With Monotone Instrument Panel, High Level CDX6+AM/FM+DAB. These are the ones that i can see ref stereo converse.

Any help would be gratefully received.

Oh as note phone BT and VC are working correctly.

Many thanks

Chris (getting frustrated)

The 8M5T-19G48-AR is not a USB module, it is the original bluetooth only module and the usb port on it is for engineering only, you need to replace it with 8M5T-19C112-AM series and it needs to be after version N or M to have streaming, so I shouldn't waste any more time trying to get it to play via the USB, sorry but that's the facts.

Its a straight swap

As above you have the wrong module - it won't work. I posted on the 10th October to explain which module you needed:

The module needs to start with:

8M5T-19C112-A

There will be one more digit - this needs to be an 'N' or newer. (P,Q,R,S,T etc)

Many thanks for getting back. I in my own world didn't think to check the part number I was looking at the last 2 letters. Oh well we live and learn. Back to searching but am tempted to change the stereo for one I seen it keeps the dash and wheel controls.

If you have the Sony 6CD Dab radio, I cannot see any benefit in changing it, in my opinion its a fine unit, and if you upgrade to usb it will show your mp3 tracks as well as on converse, I have never used a CD since I upgraded, its so much easier using a memory stick.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club