Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums Messages

Club Announcements

Ford Fair 2016: Tickets and stand passes are now available to purchase. More info here.

Review your Ford: Help others when it comes to buying a car like yours and review your Ford now

AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
tingtongbell

Tips for Using Touch Up Kit

7 posts in this topic

Bought a 3-pen Touch Up Kit from Halfords today which comes with only basic instrucitons.

Just wondering if any members have had experiences using this kit and like to share some tips!

Cheers

iv only used 2 pen kits but find. putting pait in the chip and letin it dry. then t cut so there is no new paint ontop of old paint around chip/scratch then top coat it and t cut to blend the new coat to old...

2 weeks ago i found some small chips on my car, so i went down the local ford dealer, told them my registration number and they were able to get the exact colour for my focus, magna grey, worked a treat once i applied it & used t-cut

I hardly ever use the built in brush. Use an artist's fine bristle brush instead. Other posters have suggested using t-cut. You can on straight paint but not metallics.

I dripped a bit of mine onto the paint below and now it's made that bit look crap, but the scrape looks fine. Anyone know how to clean the dripped part off?

I dripped a bit of mine onto the paint below and now it's made that bit look crap, but the scrape looks fine. Anyone know how to clean the dripped part off?

Assuming you wiped the drip off after it happened, if you can't polish out the remaining blemish with mild cutting compound for clear coat then you may have to use P2000 grit wet & dry then the compound. Be very careful as today's clear coat is not very thick. Halfords has a couple of compounds for clear coat on their shelves.

Assuming you wiped the drip off after it happened, if you can't polish out the remaining blemish with mild cutting compound for clear coat then you may have to use P2000 grit wet & dry then the compound. Be very careful as today's clear coat is not very thick. Halfords has a couple of compounds for clear coat on their shelves.

Thanks pal, it's not too bad, so probably leave it so not to mess it up even more ;)