Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Wrong Diagnose.

supercmaxer

Today I fitted the tempeture sensor, with the engine running and looking in the engine bay I noticed that there was air bubbles in the fuel lines so I stupidly decided to turn the air valves on top to release the air but it pushed air in to the lines causing the car to stall.

GREAT! I mumbled to myself what did I do that for.

I called out the breakdown, now I know what the problem was and all they had to do was take the air out the system with a machine.

The guy turns up, undid the inlet manifold pipe sprayed some stuff in whilst I turned it over, it did turn over and fire up but couldn't hold it.

The guy then asked for the manual for the car, checked some relays, told me to start it, again it wouldn't fire up.

He then came up with probably the fuel pump!!!! WHAT. How did he come up with the diagnose!!!

He didn't plug in a code reader for any stored codes, as I thought the fuel pump would have chocked one up.

When he put back the hose to the manifold he split the rubber, it wasn't on correctly, the pipe was covered in the spray he used!!!!

To say the least was not impressed with his service and diagnose!!!!

Got a neighbour to tow me down the road and it fired up first time!!!

Now I'm not a mechanic as you are all aware lol. Even my neighbour knew what the problem was and he wasn't impressed either.

Rant over.

I would complain, tell the recovery firm that he over diagnosed and damaged your car

I would complain, tell the recovery firm that he over diagnosed and damaged your car

When he took of the inlet hose and put it back on he split some of the rubber didn't even put it on correctly, left all spray over the pipe.

The recovery company called up and asked if he has arrived. I told them he has been and gone but has told me what he thought the problem was and also that the damage he did to the hose. All she said was oh ok!!! Is the car being taken to a garage. Erm no becuase I fixed it!!!

I usually get a questionair about the service so I'll be putting in some choice words that's for sure.

I think the fact that you caused the problem and knew what you had done should have been enough for anyone to day ok it just needs primed properly and it will go..

What a useless numpty of a recovery guy!

A little air in the line is normal btw

I would definitely share choice words and I would be looking for a replacement part from them

I think the fact that you caused the problem and knew what you had done should have been enough for anyone to day ok it just needs primed properly and it will go..

What a useless numpty of a recovery guy!

A little air in the line is normal btw

That was the point I was trying to make, but for him to remove some relays did have me worried.

I usually see air bubbles anyway which as you say is normal,

I would definitely share choice words and I would be looking for a replacement part from them

Just called them up and complained, after explaining to he first guy what had happened he said " do I want it to be revered to a garage" erm no. " I have fixed the problem myself". I told him that the mechanic wrongly diagnosed the problem, and also he has also split the hose and incorrectly put it back on. The guy asked me what is it I want!! Well I want a new hose for one and I am advising you that the mechanic did not fix the problem and if the car was taken to the garage I would of been well out of pocket!!!

Will se what happens tomorrow when it's passed on to the correct people.

Fingers crossed you get a good result

If it isn't broken don't fix it. :)

If it isn't broken don't fix it. :)

That's what my neighbours say lol

That's what my neighbours say lol

:D

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club