Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta Mk7 1.6 Ti-Vct Cold Start Problem

tomm12

Ive got a zetec s 1.6 Ti-Vct 2009 reg with 52000 miles and fsh, over the past few days its strugling to start usually when its been left sitting for a few hours. It takes quite a few goes to get it started, it turns over and almost starts and the revs go back to zero and it starts hunting and chugging until it starts up on its own, there is a strong smell of petrol at the same time but I resume that its just chucking fuel in to get it going. Earlier I had to push the accelerator to the floor to get it going! Other times you turn the key and it starts and stalls and again the hunting thing happens ( revs up and down between zero and 10k rpm).

Have noticed that i get a slight hesitation when accelerating too.

Also on a different subject ive noticed sometimes when i start up the car the audio display gets stuck on 'ford audio' and i have to switch the stereo off and on to get the radio display back.

any help would be great thanks :)

Full service check faults an check coolant temp sensor

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

thanks, its due a full service end of Nov, when acelerating it seems to take its time sometimes :/ im getting 43 mpg tho. Ive got no EML showing atm, would it show for the coolant temp sensor? it does sometimes give a warning tone when switching off the ignition but theres no warning messages.

Pushing the pedal to the floor sends the ecu into engine flood mode so it stops the fuel supply to the cylinders until the engine begins, sounds like something is a bit past it take the air filter out and clean it aswell as checking the spark plugs and leads, it sounds like a dodgy temp sensor as it's only after its been left for a while, as if the engine thinks it's stone cold when it's not or warmer than it really is, thus using the wrong mixture, mine sometimes doesn't start very well from sort of tepid, but a quick poke at the gas rectifies it mine according to what I can find is a software dribble yours certainly sounds more like a small problem.

Pushing the pedal to the floor sends the ecu into engine flood mode so it stops the fuel supply to the cylinders until the engine begins, sounds like something is a bit past it take the air filter out and clean it aswell as checking the spark plugs and leads, it sounds like a dodgy temp sensor as it's only after its been left for a while, as if the engine thinks it's stone cold when it's not or warmer than it really is, thus using the wrong mixture, mine sometimes doesn't start very well from sort of tepid, but a quick poke at the gas rectifies it mine according to what I can find is a software dribble yours certainly sounds more like a small problem.

thanks, started no problem this morning :/