Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Focus Mk2 1.8Tdci Estate

FocusSmudge

That would be great. It cost me £100 and I've barely used it! Mostly from a lack of knowledge.

Thanks for the kind words. Fitted some mud flaps this morning (complete nightmare) but quite chuffed with how it looks.

Also posted some photos taken out and about at the weekend.

DSC_1830.png

16010070659_1b9ccc70b6_b.jpgFord Focus Titanium 1.8TDCi Estate. by Cornish Aviation, on Flickr

16010069699_2eb3e2fc79_b.jpgFord Focus Titanium 1.8TDCi Estate. by Cornish Aviation, on Flickr

16008811300_d97c6bf083_b.jpgFord Focus Titanium 1.8TDCi Estate. by Cornish Aviation, on Flickr

16010359397_0ec7b5e0b7_b.jpgFord Focus Titanium 1.8TDCi Estate. by Cornish Aviation, on Flickr

15576331773_ef7d235fc2_b.jpgFord Focus Titanium 1.8TDCi Estate. by Cornish Aviation, on Flickr

16196141705_b3fe11fcd4_b.jpgFord Focus Titanium 1.8TDCi Estate. by Cornish Aviation, on Flickr

16008935070_8f485566f3_b.jpgFord Focus Titanium 1.8TDCi by Cornish Aviation, on Flickr

are the mudflaps you fitted ford items in what way where they hard to fit, car is coming alone just nicely

paul

are the mudflaps you fitted ford items in what way where they hard to fit, car is coming alone just nicely

paul

Thanks for the comment Paul.

Yes, they're genuine Ford mud flaps but couldn't remove the wheels (mislaid the locking key) and I couldn't get some of the screws to align in the tight space :lol:

Got my car back from the bodyshop on Wednesday. Ended up having the bonnet, part of the front bumper, both wings, both rear doors and quarter panels redone.

They've done a superb job, really pleased with the work.

Noticed this afternoon a whooshing coming from the turbo so I expect a split hose somewhere. Also had all the alloys off this afternoon after getting hold of the locking wheel nut. They've had a !Removed! good clean front and back!

Sounds good!

My focus made the same noise and was losing power. It ended up being a split boost hose.

Check the 90 degree pipe that connects to the throttle body. Mine had split just before the 90 degree bend on the top side. A new pipe got things back to normal again.

• Like 1

Thanks John. I had a quick look at the 90 pipe that connects to the EGR valve but couldn't see anything initially.

The noise seemed to start when I blanked it off. All screws are tight so the split could be on the underside. I'm pretty sure the performance has dropped slightly aswell...?

If air leaks out of a split hose, you'll only really notice it when the turbo starts to boost. The increase in air pressure will produce an obvious audible noise from the damaged hose and because the air isn't making its way into the engine, you'll be down on power.

The pipe that connects to the throttle body which is roughly in the middle of the engine near the scuttle panel is known to split. The split might not be too obvious until the engine is under load, which can make it hard to find. I found the problem by sheer luck when I went hunting under the bonnet.

Had all the alloys off for cleaning today, inside and out. Engine bay cleaned and new wipers fitted.

Also had a look for this mysterious split pipe. I checked most pipes (the best I could) but couldn't find a split; all screws were done up tightly, I heard it clearly yesterday when on a long run, did the window down and when I took my foot off the accelerator I could hear the whooshing noise. Sat in the car and revved it earlier but couldn't. Strange!

Just got a video clip which I'll post up later.

It won't do it revving in neutral. It will only do it in gear under load. Mine wouldn't show the problem in neutral when I revved it.

• 1 month later...

Hi folks, long time no updates - not really done a great deal to her recently.

The TDCi badge on the front fell off so purchased a brand new one to replace it. Also bought a new one to replace the faded badge on the rear that's yet to be changed!

I have a list of mods I want to do; I have a new interior light on the way as my old one broke, I'm having a problem sourcing some of the parts. I fancy some new shoes and am rather taken with these (sorry to who ever's image this is!) but the are extremely difficult to source:

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/MTIwMFgxNjAw/z/irUAAOSwEeFVAyED/$_57.JPG

I also want the Titanium half leathers which were on <06 models but waiting for a scrap yard to get a Titanium model in :(

How shes stands at the moment. I've spent a great deal of time on the bodywork which is now near immaculate!

16844841225_5283382d6f_b.jpg

16637530247_79af3c641e_b.jpg

• Like 2

the paint work looks like its come up very well.

liking the sound of the other plans

• 2 weeks later...

Car's just had a full service and two new tyres on the front.

Drives like new, gear changes a lot smoother than before and feels more responsive to drive.

• 2 months later...

Few shots of the car from recently. Not had time to do any mods but have taken care of some mechanical issues in the meantime.

I'm hopefully collecting a full half leather interior over the weekend.

18867896009_c849715971_b.jpg

18433402653_af526398ea_b.jpg

18431551984_81dce754e9_b.jpg

18460699164_3c1be7a75b_b.jpg

18462515673_723b96baf7_b.jpg

• 4 months later...

Haven't updated this in a long time! (again)

Had a Terra Clean done on the car last month and really impressed with it!

DSC_01651_zpsfmu6azct.jpg

Also managed to source a half leather interior, including door cards for just £120. After a good hoover and tidy up it looks as good as new!

DSC_0234_zpsjfknjl1d.jpg

DSC_0233_zps1rb0cl0h.jpg

Great looking car mate. I have a silver Zetec that is my workhorse. 112k miles but at 102k a little end failed and took the crank with it! Gutted! Cost me over 2 grand to fix but felt it was worth it as the rest was mint.

Only mods to mine are an erg delete and a roof rack. The erg delete makes a big difference to performance. Pulls better from lower down and seems smother. MPG is a little worse but I suppose thats a trade off for the better performance. Still does over 45 mpg though. Great brakes and plenty of grip from a brilliant chassis. Just needs another 40 brake.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Excellent build and few ideas of mods for mine :)

I've got the Ghia version in Panther Black

Thanks all for the comments gents. Please it's been of inspiration.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club