Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dmf Replacement

Jonah11

Hi guys. I'm going to attempt to replace my dmf and slave cylinder on my mk3 56 reg Mondeo. Any hints or tips to get me along as it's the first time I've ever attempted this sort of job. :-)

Not the easiest car to start on :lol:

You can get away with dropping the subframe slightly at one side and sliding the gearbox back just enough to get in. I've not done it yet but when mine does need done I will probably end up pulling the engine and gearbox out lol

Well I started yesterday had a good hour or so on it. Removed the passenger wheel, removed drive shaft, drop link and wishbone. Oh and starter, battery and wires and things just to make access as easy as poss. Lol. So just drop the sub frame on this side ? And I wish I could get the engine out lol. :-)

Yep, apparently lowering it on one side is enough but you will risk damaging the bushes on the other side I would think.

So would you think it would be better to drop the full sub frame then just making sure it's lined back up properly ?

My short advice would be don't! This really isn't a job for someone who hasn't done anything like this before. I've done dozens of these and it still takes me 6 hours hard graft to do it. Save up and pay someone to do it for you, it'll be cheaper in the long run.

I've already started it. Lol. Quite a lot in bits on me drive. Couldn't afford to get it into a garage that's why I chances it myself. Lol. :-(

Have you succeeded with the change

Just got some clutch/brake fluid to top reservoir up. Well below min. So gunna top that up then should be back on the road :-)

Write so everything back on. And I have the most horrible rattle what I think is coming from the drive shaft. Any ideas? :-)

Is there any movement on the clutch or dmf?

No they sound. Imagine the 3 bearings in the drive shaft wernt there, that's what it sounds like. :-)

Could be a bad clutch but it sounds more like the wrong part?

Put wheels on took her for a drive and noise gone just bad case of tracking. Going to get done in the morning.

Fingers crossed it's nothing to be worried about then!

Yeah fingers crossed. Thanks for advice anyway pal :-)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club