Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New member and yet Another victim of the fiesta mk7 wait

basto

Proud owner of my little 1 litre P reg fiesta for about 3-4 years now. Decided it was time to make a change, and the new fiesta as im sure you will all agree is the way to go (spanky car aint it!)

Have been reading this forum for a while, decided id stop by to say hello.

Ordered my new mk7 1.6 petrol Sport on the 28th april, was fully expecting a long wait 8-14 weeks, just didnt realise how long!.

latest update on it is a possible build in august, no date, just august.

Well thats that off my chest, just thought id add to the many people here itching for thier new car, fingers crossed they all come sooner than expected.

Any ppl waiting on thier mk7's find themselves following the new fiestas, dribbling & whispering "she will be mine!"......or is it just me?

Hi and welcome to the forum, what colour did you go for in the zs?

Hi basto - welcome to the forum and the "we're-all-waiting-for-our-Fiesta's-to-be-delivered" brigade! ;)

I see you live in the right location too (Silverstone). Any plans to throw it around the track once it's delivered?

HI MICHELLE,

IVE GONE FOR THE PANTHER BLACK, SINCE I WAS A KID IVE ALWAYS WANTED A BLACK CAR, BANDIT STYLE. :P

(ahh caps, sorry, too lazy to re-type)

Not planning on taking on a track day for a while, im sure ill be too protective of her to begin with.

But seeing as i live in the village and work up the track, its inevitable i guess.

hate to sound like a bit of a prick here but lets face it anyone who orders a mk7 at this moment in time is going to be forced to wait and have possible delays.....

ford cant help it if there new model sells so fast they cant produce the cars quick enough

makes you wonder if because of all these rushes of people buying whether the manufacturers making the cars are being told to rush and in turn put out cars with faults?

Ordered mine on the 1 June - just called the dealer as it is now the 1 July and have been told that it has an expected build date of August. I'll call back on the 1 August and get another update . . .

Dealer did say that they have been advised to try and steer people away from buying the 3 door as that is where the problem lies - not sure how true this is?

Ordered mine on the 1 June - just called the dealer as it is now the 1 July and have been told that it has an expected build date of August. I'll call back on the 1 August and get another update . . .

Dealer did say that they have been advised to try and steer people away from buying the 3 door as that is where the problem lies - not sure how true this is?

surely if you have the option to go 5 door then you'd go for it!? 3 door is just awkward

I think the truth is the 5 door is more profitable,so they would rather get orders for them!

To be honest, even ford clearly think that the 3 door looks nicer - have you seen how many 5 door models feature in the Fiesta borchure - ONE!

To be honest, even ford clearly think that the 3 door looks nicer - have you seen how many 5 door models feature in the Fiesta borchure - ONE!

im not a mk7 hater or anything but to be honest there not good looking cars really, they are quite nice as a 3 door with the right accessories but your right as a five door it does look a bit weird....its just a bit of an iffy car; with the wrong colour and no alloy wheels (i.e. basic spec) it just doesnt look like a looker, the only thing i like about it is the front end and thats it

im not a mk7 hater or anything but to be honest there not good looking cars really, they are quite nice as a 3 door with the right accessories but your right as a five door it does look a bit weird....its just a bit of an iffy car; with the wrong colour and no alloy wheels (i.e. basic spec) it just doesnt look like a looker, the only thing i like about it is the front end and thats it

You not queuing up to buy one then? LOL

You not queuing up to buy one then? LOL

Doubt i will be, wont be long until im no longer apart of the ford owners club LOL

Doubt i will be, wont be long until im no longer apart of the ford owners club LOL

What are you planning to go for next then?

surely if you have the option to go 5 door then you'd go for it!? 3 door is just awkward

Nope.

1) 3 Door looks so much nicer and sporty

2) Never gonna have kids so being selfish

3) Had a Smart For Two so anyone in the back should be grateful I have changed the car or they would have been running along behind me if I had kept the old car

I think the new fiesta is a great looking car, cant wait to get my hands on mine.

My P reg Fiesta is a 5 door, the inconvenience of getting out to let ppl in far outways the need for accessibility. Its a bit of a dead space for me, handy every now an again but that is just my situation.

Anyone who has a Mk7 Zetec S petrol, what are they like to drive (i tested the same engine but titanium spec) want to hear your experiences give me something to think about, :)

Nope.

1) 3 Door looks so much nicer and sporty

2) Never gonna have kids so being selfish

3) Had a Smart For Two so anyone in the back should be grateful I have changed the car or they would have been running along behind me if I had kept the old car

Correctamundo.

Don't need 5 doors so I aint gonna pay extra for something that doesn't look anywhere near as nice. Can't have the dress up kit on the 5 door either and the 3dr with kit is the best looking car in the range by far.

Correctamundo.

Don't need 5 doors so I aint gonna pay extra for something that doesn't look anywhere near as nice. Can't have the dress up kit on the 5 door either and the 3dr with kit is the best looking car in the range by far.

Mutual appreciation here fella - so can't wait to see mine in the metal - shame it is not outside now glinting away in the sunshine!

What are you planning to go for next then?

next car will either be suzuki swift or mazda 2

Ouch...

i realise "ford fanatics" will now start throwing things at me LOL

i realise "ford fanatics" will now start throwing things at me LOL

Im not a 'fanatic' but when you say the MK7 isnt a stunning car and then you say you want a suzuki swift or mazda 2 it makes me laugh.

Each to their own and all...

Im not a 'fanatic' but when you say the MK7 isnt a stunning car and then you say you want a suzuki swift or mazda 2 it makes me laugh.

Each to their own and all...

i see where your coming from, but unfortunately each mark fiesta ends up having the chav image tagged to it because alot of people who own a fiesta are relentlessly are obsessed with "modding" it and trying to distinguish theres from everyone elses...i mean for christ sake leave it as it is or buy a different car in the first place! also the smaller engined mk7 fiesta's seem quite slow, of course you could simply buy one with a bigger engine but the bigger engined fiesta's are higher up in the insurance groups compared to other small cars with more power but lower insurance group ratings

Forgive me if I am wrong but isn't the Mazda 2 a Fiesta in another body?

And as for the Suzuki - yes it might be a good car but the outside seems to be a fake MINI (how many do you see with bonnet strips or checkerboard roofs a la MINI?) and the inside is just cheap and nasty

At the end of the day, as sone has already said, each to his own but I am glad with what I have picked (including the big alloys and body kit! LOL)

Forgive me if I am wrong but isn't the Mazda 2 a Fiesta in another body?

And as for the Suzuki - yes it might be a good car but the outside seems to be a fake MINI (how many do you see with bonnet strips or checkerboard roofs a la MINI?) and the inside is just cheap and nasty

At the end of the day, as sone has already said, each to his own but I am glad with what I have picked (including the big alloys and body kit! LOL)

im sure it is, though its not as fat as the mk7 fiesta...

i can see where your coming from with the swift but how many manufacturers have made there mini wannabe cars LOL...personally the worst "fake" mini has to be the one bmw made....to be honest im not expecting amazing interior from the swift as all you mk7 owners should know you get what you pay for ;)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club