Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New member and yet Another victim of the fiesta mk7 wait

basto

i see where your coming from, but unfortunately each mark fiesta ends up having the chav image tagged to it because alot of people who own a fiesta are relentlessly are obsessed with "modding" it and trying to distinguish theres from everyone elses...i mean for christ sake leave it as it is or buy a different car in the first place! also the smaller engined mk7 fiesta's seem quite slow, of course you could simply buy one with a bigger engine but the bigger engined fiesta's are higher up in the insurance groups compared to other small cars with more power but lower insurance group ratings

I have a 1.25 zetec and it has more than enough power for a 19 year old, yes i want to drive an ST or an M3 but until im 21 thats not going to happen for insurance purposes.

The insurance isnt a Ford problem and it runs through the market with bigger engines.

I have a 1.25 zetec and it has more than enough power for a 19 year old, yes i want to drive an ST or an M3 but until im 21 thats not going to happen for insurance purposes.

The insurance isnt a Ford problem and it runs through the market with bigger engines.

sarcasm doesnt win any argument LOL....im not saying i want a super car at the age of 19, just something with a tad more grunt to overtake more easily and drive on the motorway more easily as apprehensive driving is quite annoying...all im saying is i cant understand why the fiesta is in some cases high in insurance group even when its a bit slower, is it because of the expensive interior ford put in? LOL

im not saying its a bad car im just saying theres so many more affordable alternatives

sarcasm doesnt win any argument LOL....im not saying i want a super car at the age of 19, just something with a tad more grunt to overtake more easily and drive on the motorway more easily as apprehensive driving is quite annoying...all im saying is i cant understand why the fiesta is in some cases high in insurance group even when its a bit slower, is it because of the expensive interior ford put in? LOL

im not saying its a bad car im just saying theres so many more affordable alternatives

Interesting i drove from Plymouth to Alton Towers and back yesterday and i had more than enough power on the M6 to over take people, yes its not like having NOS in the car but happily did it.

Im not trying to convert you, just simply defending the lot of us on the FORD forum :)

O and i wasnt being sarcastic ;)

Interesting i drove from Plymouth to Alton Towers and back yesterday and i had more than enough power on the M6 to over take people, yes its not like having NOS in the car but happily did it.

Im not trying to convert you, just simply defending the lot of us on the FORD forum :)

O and i wasnt being sarcastic ;)

LOL fair enough, gd luck with the ST and M3 at 21 ;)

LOL fair enough, gd luck with the ST and M3 at 21 ;)

I dont like being tooo greedy so ill leave the M3 but the ST will happen :) thanks though!!

The Mazda 2 (nice car that it is in 1.5 Sport version) won't be any cheaper than a Fiesta insurance-wise. They're all made

in Hiroshima, Japan and shipped to the UK. Mazda aren't the cheapest of Jap cars & parts for the 2 in particular are very

high for what they are. The Mazda 2 1.5 Sport is insurance group 5E; Ford Fiesta 1.4 Titanium is group 4; and Ford Fiesta

Zetec S 1.6 TDCi 3 door is also group 4!

Even the petrol 1.6 Zetec S is only group 6.

HTH!

I dont like being tooo greedy so ill leave the M3 but the ST will happen :) thanks though!!

im sure the insurance man will love your jump to group 13 when you get the ST!

im sure the insurance man will love your jump to group 13 when you get the ST!

Ill worry about that, but to help you sleep at night, my dad owns an insurance brokerage which helps. But even without the discount the insurance for an ST for a 21 year old is the same amount of money that im paying for a 19 year old on a 1.25 Zetec.

Ill worry about that, but to help you sleep at night, my dad owns an insurance brokerage which helps. But even without the discount the insurance for an ST for a 21 year old is the same amount of money that im paying for a 19 year old on a 1.25 Zetec.

oh of course i forgot about the missing link in all of this...."father" LOL

oh of course i forgot about the missing link in all of this...."father" LOL

Your point?

The Mazda 2 (nice car that it is in 1.5 Sport version) won't be any cheaper than a Fiesta insurance-wise. They're all made

in Hiroshima, Japan and shipped to the UK. Mazda aren't the cheapest of Jap cars & parts for the 2 in particular are very

high for what they are. The Mazda 2 1.5 Sport is insurance group 5E; Ford Fiesta 1.4 Titanium is group 4; and Ford Fiesta

Zetec S 1.6 TDCi 3 door is also group 4!

Even the petrol 1.6 Zetec S is only group 6.

HTH!

Yeah i agree the mazda 2 in sport could be more expensive, though the swift i prefer more is slightly more powerful for less.....only thing is with the zetec s in diesel is the petrol version is going to be quicker right? would just prefer the petrol verison instead which is in a high group right?

O you didnt have one :)

Spot on dude, Nipz the new jeremy kyle ;)

im sure it is, though its not as fat as the mk7 fiesta...

i can see where your coming from with the swift but how many manufacturers have made there mini wannabe cars LOL...personally the worst "fake" mini has to be the one bmw made....to be honest im not expecting amazing interior from the swift as all you mk7 owners should know you get what you pay for ;)

Well i would have to say that the Mazda 2 looks a lot fatter then the Fiesta

And as for us Mk 7 owners getting what we pay for - yes we do. We are getting the BEST small hatch currently on the market according to What Car and also the 2nd place Car of the Year 2009.

Overall I am happy with what I will be getting and I guess thats what it comes down to - buy with your heart and get what you want or buy with your head and get the Fiesta (both head and heart are telling me to get what I ordered so I am doubly happy)

Well i would have to say that the Mazda 2 looks a lot fatter then the Fiesta

And as for us Mk 7 owners getting what we pay for - yes we do. We are getting the BEST small hatch currently on the market according to What Car and also the 2nd place Car of the Year 2009.

Overall I am happy with what I will be getting and I guess thats what it comes down to - buy with your heart and get what you want or buy with your head and get the Fiesta (both head and heart are telling me to get what I ordered so I am doubly happy)

Good good m8 as long you've gone with what you want and not what everyone else wants

Good good m8 as long you've gone with what you want and not what everyone else wants

The only things I would have changed if I could was not to have the leather and just the 17" alloys (but it was cheaper to have the X Pack) and I have a real thing for orange cars at the moment but it was not available over here in that colour.

Even with those 2 slight niggles I so know my car is going to look lush and I am gonna be mega happy with it once he arrives . . .

all im saying is i cant understand why the fiesta is in some cases high in insurance group even when its a bit slower, is it because of the expensive interior ford put in? LOL

Not quite sure where you are coming from here as the most powerful new Fiesta is only group 6 insurance and is 120 bhp.

OK, it's not an ST, but it isn't slow either and will easily hold its own with the Suzuki or Mazda.

However, it is down to personal choice and it wouldn't do for us all to have the same opinions.

As long as you are happy with your decision that's all that matters. :)

I love my 3 door Titanium black sporty looking 1.4 hot car :P I fink I look the dogs in it and one hot mama in it! :lol:

I really loves my little car. I think the Mazda is ugly but not as ugly as the Chryslers but honestly each to their own.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club