Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk6 Fiesta Start Up Problems

astanners

Hi guys. Don't know if anyone will have any ideas but I'm having some issues when starting up my car. I've got a 2003 (53) Fiesta LX 1.25. The issue is sometimes when I try to start the car it can take about 5 - 8 seconds to fire up. I can hear the starter turning, trying to start the car but it just makes this spluttering sound and slow comes to life on 0 revs, then the revs go up. But I've I turn the engine back off straight away and start it again it will start first time usually. It's strange because this doesn't usually happen when the engine is cold. I can be driving the car and leave it for say 20 mins and when I come back and the engine is still moderately warm it will do this and I have no idea why. It's been more prominent the past few weeks.. Any idea's???

Also I just found this video on YouTube. It is the exact same problem as this guy is showing in the video

mine does the same - i got told that putting it through a service could stop the issue - so i did do that and it still does it.
i did read somewhere that it could be cause theres an air leak somewhere

After turning the key to position 2 try waiting until after the instrument cluster lamp test completes before trying to start the engine.

This will give the fuel lines time to prime.

If its just started to happen it could be a blocked fuel filter which can get overlooked at service time.