Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk7 1.4 Automatic Transmission - Engine Starting Question

eyemdee

Can any member with a Fiesta 1.4 Automatic (non keyless) tell me whether it should be possible to start the engine WITHOUT first depressing the brake pedal? I have always pressed the brake pedal as the manual instructs but have now discovered that mine will start up without the pedal pressed.

My cruise control is not working so I am suspecting that the brake pedal switch may be at fault if it is permanently registering that the pedal is depressed. The brake lights are fine, but they controlled by another switch on the pedal.

Thanks in advance for any answers!

I've always pressed the brake pedal out of habit first before turning the key - but I'll have a try later on. Im pretty sure I can turn the car on without the brake depressed.

Yes, me too. My last car was a Honda Civic with the i-shi*t gearbox and I think that was where I got into the habit as I think the brake had to be pressed on that to start it.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club