Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Front Strut Movement

Isofun

Hi All,

When buying my Fusion recently the previous owner advised and showed me that there was movement where the front strut meets the top-mount i.e. when the road wheel is vigorously shaken. I have also noticed a creaking noise when turning the wheel whilst the vehicle is stationary.

My questions are should this be the case with the noise and movement? How easy is it to change the top mount? Has anyone carried out this task and can they offer some advice, please?

Cheers,

Dave

There not to bad to do if the shock isn't too corroded and you have a good set of spring compressors and that could be the creak but it generally causes a knocking sound at low speed over lumps and bumps

Cheers Rhys.

What would you advise as a decent set of compressors, what would you recommend? I was looking to buy a set for around £40 as this is what my budget allows.......unless I stick it on the never,never!!

Update........Over the weekend I decided to attempt to tighten the nut at the top of the strut by using a socket held with a spanner and an allen (hex) key.

Hey presto!! it worked no more vibration.

I did take of the wheels as I wanted to inspect the front brakes and was met with only 3 wheel-nuts on the O/S/F wheel as the fourth stud had been cross threaded half way down!!! Not sure how they managed that. I have ordered a Laser thread restorer and sourced a wheel-nut.

NEXT??!!

The cross threading is usually caused by lazy garages who don't start the thread by hand and use an impact gun to put them on

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club