Join Premium & Save
    • 1000's Of Fords For Sale
      1000's Of Fords For Sale
    • Huge Range of Ford Parts
      Huge Range of Ford Parts

Zippy

Air Con

5 posts in this topic

I was out shopping, when this old guy alerts me, that I must have a leak under my car, which to be honest, panicked the crap out of me! But it turns out to be because the Air Con has been on continuously!

So I was just wondering if anybody else notices this with theirs? I'm thinking I'm gonna get told a lot more often that I have a leak, ah well, it's nice to know folk are being friendly, I guess, lol.

I haven't noticed this on my car but on my Dad's focus it does it, like a leak and you see it drip down the drive when you reverse. Think its just normal and good for the air conditioning.

I don't have my air con on that much to be honest but I know a lot of people on here do. But I wouldn't think it's anything to worry about.

It's quite normal and nothing whatsoever to worry about.

An important part of the air conditioning process is dehumidification. All A/C's have a drain system to dispose of this water which was removed from the air inside your car. When the relative humidity is high, this drainage can become a steady stream. It can continue for several minutes after you turn off the engine.

It's quite normal and nothing whatsoever to worry about.

An important part of the air conditioning process is dehumidification. All A/C's have a drain system to dispose of this water which was removed from the air inside your car. When the relative humidity is high, this drainage can become a steady stream. It can continue for several minutes after you turn off the engine.

As Nightowl says, totally normal and nothing to worry about.

had exactly the same thing happen to me yesterday, filling up my car in the petrol station and some woman shouts at me your car is leaking :lol:

i had the aircon on for about 2 hours driving back from hull so i presumed it was that