4 replies to this topic

#1 Zippy

Zippy

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 196 posts
  • Ford Model: Mk7 Fiesta Titanium 1.6 TDCI

Posted 01 July 2009 - 08:39 PM

I was out shopping, when this old guy alerts me, that I must have a leak under my car, which to be honest, panicked the crap out of me! But it turns out to be because the Air Con has been on continuously!

So I was just wondering if anybody else notices this with theirs? I'm thinking I'm gonna get told a lot more often that I have a leak, ah well, it's nice to know folk are being friendly, I guess, lol.

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 poohbear

poohbear

Ford Enthusiast

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,003 posts
  • Ford Model: MK7 Fiesta 1.25 Zetec
Posted 01 July 2009 - 08:47 PM

I haven't noticed this on my car but on my Dad's focus it does it, like a leak and you see it drip down the drive when you reverse. Think its just normal and good for the air conditioning.
I don't have my air con on that much to be honest but I know a lot of people on here do. But I wouldn't think it's anything to worry about.

#3 Nightowl

Nightowl

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 411 posts
  • Ford Model: Titanium 3-door + full bodykit Squeeze

Posted 01 July 2009 - 08:50 PM

It's quite normal and nothing whatsoever to worry about.

An important part of the air conditioning process is dehumidification. All A/C's have a drain system to dispose of this water which was removed from the air inside your car. When the relative humidity is high, this drainage can become a steady stream. It can continue for several minutes after you turn off the engine.

#4 KeithC

KeithC

Ford Enthusiast

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,163 posts
  • Ford Model: New Fiesta 1.4 Titanium
Posted 02 July 2009 - 06:28 AM

It's quite normal and nothing whatsoever to worry about.

An important part of the air conditioning process is dehumidification. All A/C's have a drain system to dispose of this water which was removed from the air inside your car. When the relative humidity is high, this drainage can become a steady stream. It can continue for several minutes after you turn off the engine.

As Nightowl says, totally normal and nothing to worry about.

#5 greenymk7

greenymk7

Area Rep: Midlands (Detailing Guru)

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 560 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Zetec-S TDCI

Posted 02 July 2009 - 09:11 AM

had exactly the same thing happen to me yesterday, filling up my car in the petrol station and some woman shouts at me your car is leaking :lol:

i had the aircon on for about 2 hours driving back from hull so i presumed it was that

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users