Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Newbie Alert , Help !!

RJohnstonex

:iim:Hi all ,

I Recently joined this forum after buying a 2005 55 plate fiesta zetec 1.25 as my first car , I've done a few minor upgrades such as leather gear gaiter , new carpets etc.. but I want to do more . I want to do cheap upgrade on the interior and exterior that wont affect my insurance but will make the car look / feel better . I've looked into upgrading my bulbs all round but im unsure which ones are best to get . So anyway any advice would be greatly appreciated and thanks in advance

Ryan

Interior - wise, if you change the bulbs to LEDs, you can save a lot of electrical power as the LEDs each use under 1 watt and the incandescent (standard) bulbs usually each use 5w or 10w - my dad kept flattening his battery as he was opening the doors a lot, and the lights added up to nearly 100w, with some of the bulbs changed it took it under 40w, this was enough to help not flatten the battery

You can add "submarine" lighting (red interior lights so you don't ruin your night vision) and footwell lights "puddle" lights in the doors - you can even get "projector" puddle lights - (shines a logo on the ground when you open the door - eg - Ford)

You can get (legal) blue-tinted headlights - and better / brighter headlight bulbs, make sure they are legal,

Generally, you cant have coloured bulbs on the front - the front must be white, the sides amber, he rear red, the indicaters amber and the reversing light white - white leds tend to have a colder, blue tint (but not fully blue) which is ok, regular bulbs have a warmer "orangier" colour

Have a look round the site for ideas (eg build threads, etc)

You can get (legal) blue-tinted headlights - and better / brighter headlight bulbs, make sure they are legal,

I didn't know there were any road legal bulbs that were blue tinted or even white, except factory fitted xenons. I went for Philips CrystalVision for dipped beam, which technically aren't road legal, I assume because the colour temperature is slightly too high. But these are white, not blue at all.

What is the maximum colour temperature for dipped beam , main beam and fogs ?

I think the road legal halogen bulbs are no more than 4200K, which is almost white but slightly yellow. The CrystalVisions are 4300K which looks completely white, not road legal like I said but I don't know why. If anything the white light they give off is safer because it gives better vision.

If you want to stay road legal some good choices are Philips WhiteVision or Osram Cool Blue - both are about 4200K I think. Or Osram Nightbreakers which are a bit more yellow but brighter. I tried the Osram Cool Blues first which were pretty good but not quite white enough for my liking. And I got Nightbreakers for the full beam and fogs which are great, incredibly bright.

Is the main beam and dipped beam not just the same bulb ?

Is the main beam and dipped beam not just the same bulb ?

Sorry I should have checked which bulb the MK6 uses, you're right it's a H4 so it's dipped and full beam in one bulb. More info here: http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/40923-fiesta-bulbs-list/

You can get that bulb type from Philips and Osram too.

Are these the right ones : Philips-Crystal-Vision-Upgrade-Headlight/dp/B00K0DKR6Y/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1413928952&sr=8-1&keywords=philips+crystal+vision+h4

Yes that's the one, as long as you don't mind them not being road legal. It looks like they don't come with a pair of bulbs for the sidelights, so you might want to get some of those. I would give you a link but eBay seems to be broken at the moment lol. But you want 501 (W5W) bulbs for the sidelights.

Whats the chances of getting pulled with those headlight if they are correctly adjusted etc...? What side lights and fog lights would you recommend to go with the crystal visions ? Cheers

depends on the copper tbh, But Philips Crystal and Diamond vision bulbs are not legal for EU roads. never heard of anyone getting pulled on them though, generally only the bells with actual police grade blue ones ( BMW and VW chavs ) that get stung.

Decent interior mod, get some EL wire and sew it into the headlining and door cards, someone on here has done it and it looks pretty boss.

didn't think that they would pull you for them . Have you got any pictures of this El wire done ( never heard of it ) ?

If you want road legal bulbs that are better than standard I'd go for Osram Night Breakers they are 4200k or 4300k can't remember but they and fully "e" marked. For the sidelights I went for philips blue vision which are road legal and 4200k.

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club