Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New To The Forums - First Ford Less Than 6K On The Clock.

rjbradbury

Good evening all.

My name is Rick and after having no car for 4 years (well apart from access to the odd rental/family car) I am finally mobile again.

The way I came to own my first ford (Oct 2014) is not the way I would of liked.. let me explain.

The Fiesta (1.25L ZTEC Freestyle Mk4) that I now own was my late uncle Paul's car and before than it was his dads. After my uncle passed away a few months ago I was given the car free... believe me I offered money but my auntie would not except it. I will repay the kindness some way, may be by putting some miles on the car taking her shopping/running errands.

Anyway believe it or not this car has less than 6000 on the clock, it was driven from my uncles house to the shops and back with the odd run to visit family.

Thankfully it was garaged for most of its life so its in very good condition and the only thing needed to fire it up after sitting for 18 months was a jump start.

Not had chance to drive it much as it went straight in for some work.. given it's age rather than mileage I got the following done.

Full service + checkup.
oil and Filter

Air Filter

Coolant drained / flushed and replaced.

Brake Fluid. + Brake lines checked. (all brakes were fine)

New battery.

MOT - Flew through.

4 New Firestone tyres. (still need to replace the spare)

After checking the documents and history I could not find anything relating to a timing belt change so figures after 13 years it will need one, dropped it off for that this AM.

I have also changed the stereo as the CD's wont fit in that strange hole for something they call tapes. Which reminds me I have the original Tape/RDS radio unit if anyone is looking for one to install on a restoration project.

Looking forward to running it in. :rolleyes: Given that I have historically been used to large diesel engines place your bets on how long it takes me to stall it.

Once I have the car back will shoot some photos of the car and update this post.

Rick

I'm sorry to hear of your uncles passing hopefully yourself and other family members are doing okay :) Extremely rare to have a car of that age with so little miles that are actually genuine so thrash it :P I too went from diesel to petrol and my fez is a joy so my betting is apart from the odd one or two you'll be fine :p It'll be like driving a new car, just with a better styled body kit ;)

Welcome to the family!