Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Mobius Action Cam

Marks12

So I got the mount and fit it to the car viewing the vids now I got a problem they are all upside down is there a way to rotate them

Don't know about in-camera, but any movie editing software should be able to sort you out.

Either that, or just put on tour best Aussi accent whenever yer in the car :D

Surely you should be able to invert the recording via the camera or physically rotate the camera on it's bracket?

Spend 5 minutes searching previous threads on this forum or dashcamtalk.com or the rc forums and you will see there is a setting for recording at 180 degree rotation. Don't know what firmware you have installed but the most up to date (v2.18 I think) has a load of new options which can all be set in the GUI software.

Yes there is a setting, something like "flip 180 degrees". This also means the time/date stamp will be where it should be, and not upside down as it would be if you just edited the video.

I'd recommend downloading the MSetup program from here: http://www.mytempfiles.info/mobius/index.html

And use it to update the firmware which is really easy, it also lets you change settings easily and sync the camera's clock with your PC's clock (make sure your PC's clock is correct first). Then set the video to flip 180 degrees, make sure it' set to 1080p high quality and enable HDR, enable auto recording when it has power and that should be all you need.

haha yeah not too good at the standing on head gig haha phil i have the soft ware just cant find the flip180 degree button haha

haha yeah not too good at the standing on head gig haha phil i have the soft ware just cant find the flip180 degree button haha

It's there within the Msetup program. Connect the mobius to your PC, run the msetup program and ensure the program picks up the camera. Click on the 3rd tab called "Mode 1" 4th option down: "Rotate Video 180degrees". Save config to your mobius and bob's your uncle.

It's there within the Msetup program. Connect the mobius to your PC, run the msetup program and ensure the program picks up the camera. Click on the 3rd tab called "Mode 1" 4th option down: "Rotate Video 180degrees". Save config to your mobius and bob's your uncle.

Thank you very much Phil now I am off to spec savers
  • Like 1

Thank you very much Phil now I am off to spec savers

Good thing too cos that was Ben, not me lol :)

• Like 1

Thanks Ben is wat i ment hahaha

Good thing too cos that was Ben, not me lol :)

yeah im going to spec savers express tomorrow going to wait outside until it opens knowing me ill be the guy waiting outside some ladies store next to spec savers and end up getting turfed out by security who would think im some sorta perv haha lmao

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Yes there is a setting, something like "flip 180 degrees". This also means the time/date stamp will be where it should be, and not upside down as it would be if you just edited the video.

I'd recommend downloading the MSetup program from here: http://www.mytempfiles.info/mobius/index.html

And use it to update the firmware which is really easy, it also lets you change settings easily and sync the camera's clock with your PC's clock (make sure your PC's clock is correct first). Then set the video to flip 180 degrees, make sure it' set to 1080p high quality and enable HDR, enable auto recording when it has power and that should be all you need.

Each time I run mSetup I get the blue screen of death, any ideas Phil?

Sounds like it's pro ably a memory exception or a driver call issue. Get a snapshot of the blue screen next time and I might be able to help...

Each time I run mSetup I get the blue screen of death, any ideas Phil?

Have you tried it on another PC, and has the PC that gets the blue screens had any problems like that before? As James said a photo of the blue screen would help. You can also get the blue screen data after the computer has restarted, using a program called Bluescreenview: http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/blue_screen_view.html

Does this happen if you run mSetup without the Mobius connected, or only when it's connected?

Thanks folks, turns out it only did the bsod cos I had my weather station connected in another port :D

New problem now -

The cam is recording, if I remove the sd card and plug it into the puter I can see the .movs

When I switch on the cam, the drive displays in windows explorer and goes when I switch off, great. If I click on the drive letter I get "please insert a disk".

EDIT: still no luck in mSetup.

Thanks folks, turns out it only did the bsod cos I had my weather station connected in another port :D

New problem now -

The cam is recording, if I remove the sd card and plug it into the puter I can see the .movs

When I switch on the cam, the drive displays in windows explorer and goes when I switch off, great. If I click on the drive letter I get "please insert a disk".

EDIT: still no luck in mSetup.

I'm not sure exactly what you mean. If the card is in the Mobius and you connect it to the PC, are you saying that's when you get "please insert disk" when you try and get to the files on it? And you can access the files if the SD card is connected to the PC by itself?

When I connect my Mobius with the SD card in it to my PC, it works just like any other USB storage device, and the lights on the Mobius come on.

What is the problem you're having with Msetup, is it not letting you change settings on the camera? If you can upload a screenshot that would be useful.

Yep, you understand correctly, Phil.

Re: mSetup, it never connects and permanently prompts me to connect the cam to usb.

Yep, you understand correctly, Phil.

Re: mSetup, it never connects and permanently prompts me to connect the cam to usb.

Ok here's a few things you could try:

1. Make sure you have the SD card in the Mobius when you connect it to the PC.
  2. Check if any lights on the Mobius light up when you connect it (I think they should flash and then stay on solid).
  3. Try connecting the Mobius before running Msetup.
  4. Try a different USB port.
  5. Try restarting the PC, and try it on a different PC if you have one.

That's about all I can think of lol.

most camera's have the option also to be a webcam config.

I wonder if yours is setup in webcam mode, rather than a storage device?

most camera's have the option also to be a webcam config.

I wonder if yours is setup in webcam mode, rather than a storage device?

Could be. I've not tried the webcam mode on mine but that would make sense.

Thanks guys, I tried virtually everything. Remove the SD card and the webcam works etc etc.

Finally I tried a different (smallish) SD card and it all works. Looks like I have a duffer.

Many thanks.

• Like 1

Result, shame in a way but a result none the less

At least SD cards are so cheap these days. £10 for 32GB lol, maybe even less.

Sent you a link phil on p.m.

Still having to try to make choice between the mobius and the 080? models,0805 seems dam good at night.

The 080 models come with the small screen (easier to set up) for me lol and all the stuff like mount/charger.

Anyone wired a dashcam to the auto-dimming mirror supply?

Presumably that's live on ignition?

Just a thought.