Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk7 Changing Brake Pads.. How To Remove This Pin?

konyo4

I need to change my front Brake Pads on my 2011 MK7 Fiesta. Took the wheel off last night to see what's involved in changing them as never done it before on a Fiesta. How would I remove this pin? (Photo should be below?). Does anyone have any guides/tips?

post-56103-0-47837300-1414085127_thumb.p

Might be wrong but I don't think its a pin. I'm sure its just a retaining spring and it is attatched to the old pads. Should just come out with the pads.

It's not a pin, its part of the pad retaining clip. You can see an identical one at the bottom. Once you've unbolted the caliper (two bolts at the rear) and moved it up out of the way you can remove the pads and then prize out the clips with a screwdriver to clean them up before replacing with the new pads (unless the new pads come with new clips as well).

Ah ok thank you. It looked like a pin from what I saw from a quick look the other day so was just getting prepared for changing the pads today.

• 2 weeks later...

How did it go? reason for me asking is I have a shudder when braking, and I'm guissing this is also due too brake pads that need replacing, my car is also a 2011 model with 40k km on the clock, I don't think the brake pads have been replaced before

shuddering is generally warped discs.

was hopeing it is just the brake pads, on my previouse car that shudder ment the CV joints needed replacing, hope its not one of the above

Yes my brake pad change went fine thanks! :)

Got new pads now and have no more rubbing noise thankfully, turns out mine were original factory ones though so 3 year life for them isn't bad I think? When I was replacing pads though my dad thought about changing disc too while I was doing it, I could get a pair of discs for both sides for £52. Figured I'd replace them next time around.

I've got brake judder again after replacing my pads and disks at 10000 and now at 20000 miles. The strange thing is you don't feel it through the steering / brake peddle, it feels like someone tugging at the car. When I had the rear drums off last year to paint them I did notice one would rub slightly. New drums next I think.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club