Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta Mk6 Headlight Hid Retrofit

GingerFlame

Just a update, passed my MOT with these headlights on without any hassle. Got an advisory on all my brake lines being slightly corroded sorting that problem soon, As long as I complete it before winter I should be sorted lol.

• Like 1

Just a update, passed my MOT with these headlights on without any hassle. Got an advisory on all my brake lines being slightly corroded sorting that problem soon, As long as I complete it before winter I should be sorted lol.

Great news to hear they passed mate!! So all in all this project cost me £70 for the front end and ive got the pride knowing i did it myself. A scottish company charge (starting from) £350 and you then have to drive to them and leave your car for a few days! They use practically the same materials although they have a larger choice of shrouds and offer a warrantee.

Id say its been a successful mod, would you? :)

• Like 1

Great news to hear they passed mate!! So all in all this project cost me £70 for the front end and ive got the pride knowing i did it myself. A scottish company charge (starting from) £350 and you then have to drive to them and leave your car for a few days! They use practically the same materials although they have a larger choice of shrouds and offer a warrantee.

Id say its been a successful mod, would you? :)

Definiently been a successful mod came to £140 for me thanks to me messing up one headlight , more than happy with them. I got quoted £240 for a place close to me, headlightretrofits in dumbarton to fit the projectors and hid's but that was me supplying headlights and leaving the car where as this way I now have a spare set.

• Like 1

Yeah I had a quote from headlightretrofits late last year! Aha hmm

Just a quick little update.. today I sprayed my Ballasts matte black to try make them easier to hide in the engine Bay. One of them was almost invisible but the other stuck out like a sore thumb!

I also began to strip the other headlight that had all the clips snapped and the lenses scratched.

I was hoping to transfer the whole inside of the light over to the new one as the aluminium locknut on the projector has deformed as designed to do. Unfortunately, the old reflector has cracked so looks crap! Meaning I'm going to have to cut off the old locknut and source a new one :(

Fun fun fun!

• 2 weeks later...

After some more hard work I have finally solved my colour issue. It turned out to be my ballasts after all. Even though I tried a few different ones I bought another set for £16 and it solved my problem, Only annoying thing is they didn't sell 5000k bulbs only 6000k or 4300k so decided to go with the 6000k. I've added some picture to show what they look like although the camera makes them appear alot bluer than they actually are.

post-58329-0-79565600-1428783045_thumb.j

post-58329-0-00978900-1428783048_thumb.j

post-58329-0-32265200-1428783051_thumb.j

post-58329-0-98600400-1428783052_thumb.j

post-58329-0-50127800-1428783055_thumb.j

Looks great now the sides match! One of my ballasts failed the other week :( probably not helped by the knock with the other car. I've decided to replace both ballasts and keep the working one as a spare. that way Ive less chance of the problem you've had with the colour.. all I can think it that it's the frequency the ballasts were working at? Strange one

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Update; finally got a picture of my beam

Thats low beam. Adjusted the heights slightly after this picture

post-57403-143925290835_thumb.jpg

post-57403-14392529164_thumb.jpg

They look very blue in the picture. In person they're rather white

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club