Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta Mk6 Headlight Hid Retrofit

GingerFlame

Did you manage to get the lights installed mate? :)

Test fitted them today all working had some family things so couldn't fully install hopefully this Saturday.

• Like 1

Finally managed to get them all fitted and hooked up properly pretty easy install just annoying keeping the wire hidden and not interfering with anything. The most annoying thing is I let them both heat up fully and noticed the bulbs are 2 different colours annoyed at myself for not see it when I tested them but gonna get some replacements. Got my beam pattern done properly at my local garage took 5 minutes so everything is good to go. Thanks GingerFlame for your help.

post-58329-0-72273800-1423322153_thumb.p

• Like 1

Looks good mate! Shame about the different bulb colours.. How different are they? What temperatures are they?

I drilled tiny holes in the back of the grill to zip tie the wire to! Invisible from the front of the car if you do it In the right place! Take a picture of the beam pattern at night? Curious to see how well the projectors can line up! as I need to readjust mine and I don't really know how good I should be aiming for

Looks good mate! Shame about the different bulb colours.. How different are they? What temperatures are they?

I drilled tiny holes in the back of the grill to zip tie the wire to! Invisible from the front of the car if you do it In the right place! Take a picture of the beam pattern at night? Curious to see how well the projectors can line up! as I need to readjust mine and I don't really know how good I should be aiming for

Just back in from a quick shot on the country roads and what a difference they make , I'll get a picture of the pattern at somepoint gonna go to the same spot as the before pictures. Also attached a couple pictures below of my headlights not sure which colour they are if I was to guess driver side is 5000k and passenger side is 6000k

post-58329-0-12276700-1423332247_thumb.j

post-58329-0-54839500-1423332250_thumb.j

Just back in from a quick shot on the country roads and what a difference they make , I'll get a picture of the pattern at somepoint gonna go to the same spot as the before pictures. Also attached a couple pictures below of my headlights not sure which colour they are if I was to guess driver side is 5000k and passenger side is 6000k

Glad they've improved your vision ahead & youre happy with them.. Mean's my guide's met its purpose :D & okay mate! Drivers side is 4300k i'd say & passenger side is 6k :)

• Like 1

Glad they've improved your vision ahead & youre happy with them.. Mean's my guide's met its purpose :D & okay mate! Drivers side is 4300k i'd say & passenger side is 6k :)

I guess if you add them up and divide by two you have what I roughly ordered lol. Gonna get onto them about it , ordered myself a spare set as back ups so will put them in when I get them and see about getting both those bulbs replaced because its not what I bought.

• Like 1

I guess if you add them up and divide by two you have what I roughly ordered lol. Gonna get onto them about it , ordered myself a spare set as back ups so will put them in when I get them and see about getting both those bulbs replaced because its not what I bought.

haha! & Yeah, you need to make sure you get them replaced!! useless! I had a going on with my bulbs too! yet to purchase a spare set.. Oops!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

haha! & Yeah, you need to make sure you get them replaced!! useless! I had a going on with my bulbs too! yet to purchase a spare set.. Oops!

I managed to get my replacement bulbs to find that my ballast was fecked so had to get that replaced aswell because it was flickering. Now I have a problem again that my bulbs dont match at all , tried swapping them and the colour doesn't swap with them looks like one side is getting more power than the other. Its annoying tried everything and can't seem to get them to match. Gonna check that both are actually 35w and one ballast isnt 55w thats the only other thing I can think of.

• Like 1

I managed to get my replacement bulbs to find that my ballast was fecked so had to get that replaced aswell because it was flickering. Now I have a problem again that my bulbs dont match at all , tried swapping them and the colour doesn't swap with them looks like one side is getting more power than the other. Its annoying tried everything and can't seem to get them to match. Gonna check that both are actually 35w and one ballast isnt 55w thats the only other thing I can think of.

I had a problem with one of my bulbs being abit intermittent and full.. Which turned out to be a crap earth on one of the projectors

You'll get the working parts eventually! Annoying that eBay sellers can't test their stock.. Even if it's just every few items!

• 2 weeks later...

Was looking through my dashcam footage the other day so made a quick video of the warm up and a short drive on the country roads http://youtu.be/p7CZRhp5xQg , Also still trying to fix my colour problem not had the weather and time to have a proper look, hopefully fixing it during the week apart from that still very happy with them.

My lights have been destroyed in an accident :( they still work but the lenses are knackered

My lights have been destroyed in an accident :( they still work but the lenses are knackered

Sucks to hear that man , hope your ok. Annoying thing with the lenses is no one sales replacements I looked around when I messed my up.

• Like 1

Sucks to hear that man , hope your ok. Annoying thing with the lenses is no one sales replacements I looked around when I messed my up.

Sell me yours ;) haha

I'll have to purchase a replacement headlight as the mounting clips are broke. Both lights still work well as I drove for around a mile after the accident so atleast all the wiring is intact!

Once ive modded the replacement then they're good to go on the new car

Sell me yours ;) haha

I'll have to purchase a replacement headlight as the mounting clips are broke. Both lights still work well as I drove for around a mile after the accident so atleast all the wiring is intact!

Once ive modded the replacement then they're good to go on the new car

I would sell them but I like using them too much lol , I currently have 2 sets of pre-facelift lights sitting here because I seen a set at £10 and though why the heck not, mind you they just sit there was thinking about projectors for them and selling them on but gonna put my money into detailing my car just now. Also I was able to repair 2 clips on one of the sets was easy to do with some plastic, soldering iron and a rotary tool, if they aren't to badly broken you could give that a shot unless the lenses are too far gone like you said before.

post-58329-0-33994800-1425341918_thumb.j

I've still got my prefacelift lights and the new car is coming with them too.. but they're abit too featureless for my liking.

From what I can see the clips have got a few bits missing and as the clips can't move without upsetting the alignment I don't think I'd trust my plastic welding! Haaha

As for the lenses.. I Think I might get away with them till MOT Time.. which is the end of the month on the new car! Haha

I've still got my prefacelift lights and the new car is coming with them too.. but they're abit too featureless for my liking.

From what I can see the clips have got a few bits missing and as the clips can't move without upsetting the alignment I don't think I'd trust my plastic welding! Haaha

As for the lenses.. I Think I might get away with them till MOT Time.. which is the end of the month on the new car! Haha

My MOT is due at the end of month for my car, keeping the headlights on and will see how it goes don't see there being a problem as the alignment is bang on. Only thing I could see them mentioning is the different colours lol. Still trying to fix that got a idea of what the problem is but just need the weather and time to do it.

• Like 1

The colour difference is a strange one.. did it do it with the last set of bulbs? Could you put the incorrect bulbs you were sent just into the back of the projector as a simple light source and test the colour? Also. Test the colour of the bulbs outside the projectors.. wrong bulbs and right bulbs qq

The colour difference is a strange one.. did it do it with the last set of bulbs? Could you put the incorrect bulbs you were sent just into the back of the projector as a simple light source and test the colour? Also. Test the colour of the bulbs outside the projectors.. wrong bulbs and right bulbs qq

If you swap the bulbs the colour doesn't swap with them , I think its a power thing, so i'm gonna solder all the connections on my harness and get some proper wire to run it , I used some spare I found so might have a bit to much resistance along with changing the fuse from 25A to 20A. My friend seems to think it might just be the projector with the bulb sitting differently not sure but gonna try that and if it doesn't work just downgrade the bulb until the colour matches.

Had the time today to try and deal with the colour problem, Still no luck they nearly match but not fully there but good enough for me. I cleaned all my connection pins and soldered all the wires I used to extend my grounds along with some heat shrink to protect the join and crimped some ring connectors on, made no difference although I was gonna do a proper install anyway. Swapped the bulbs again but nothing colour stays the same. Completely out of ideas now. If anyone has any ideas feel free to add.

post-58329-0-93436300-1425591038_thumb.p

Yeah there's a noticable difference isn't there!

I can't think what It could be except a faulty ballast?

• Like 1

Yeah there's a noticable difference isn't there!

I can't think what It could be except a faulty ballast?

Both have been replaced as that was my first thought but no difference , tried both 35w and 55w.

• Like 1

Both have been replaced as that was my first thought but no difference , tried both 35w and 55w.

Weird.. you're sure there's no debri or dirt on the projectors?

I really dont have a clue what else it could be I'm afraid!

• Like 1

Are they legal? I'm sure headlights have to have safe zones and proper alignment.

Sent by mind control using Ford OC

Are they legal? I'm sure headlights have to have safe zones and proper alignment.

Sent by mind control using Ford OC

As these are bixenon projectors they have a metal cut off inside so the beam/alignment is spot on

My car passed MOT without a word said about them

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club