Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Petrol Prices

chri55tof

Hi guys,

As you recently noticed, petrol price is going down. Its not a secret that oil prices went down per barrel. Every news service says about it. In Southampton average green is 1.24 black 1.29 Some say petrol can go down to below 1 pound this year. If thats the case I regret I got myself diesel Fiesta last week.

Anyone heard anything more abot this ? Spoken with Shell guy today when filling up the tank and he is convinced it will drop below 1 gbp.

kris

Around £1.22 for petrol here.

Can't see it dropping below a quid again...be nice if so!! I can merely weep when filling up lol

£1.29 up here! It is going down.......slowly!

Will it go under a quid? Probably not but at least it's going the right way ;)

Cheapest I've seen is Shell at £1.21 2p less than all the supermarkets. Even v-power has come down to £1.33 now.

Can anyone remember when petrol was last less than £1 I can't it's that long ago.

I remember Dad filling up the car and moaning about it reaching something silly like 53ppl lol

50p a GALLON when I started driving and a man filled it for you!

Was a pound a litre when I started driving in 2009...

My 1.4 petrol was doing 45mpg and 10 pence a mile.

Now I own a modern 1.6 diesel doing nearly 60mpg but still the same ppm! :(

I can't see it dropping to a pound again anytime soon though!

50p a GALLON when I started driving and a man filled it for you!

We were speaking about this at work the other day. On the island I grew up on a little old lady, who you would have thought the next gust of wind would knock her over, pumped the petrol for you. She always had a conversation with whoever she was serving.

One day, can't remember why, I had to pump my own petrol. I was knackered half way through and there was no way I could carry out a conversation at the same time! Needless to say my respect for her went up after that :)

When I started driving it was around 90p/ltr.

Now my local Shell is 1.22p/ltr for standard green then another 9p or so for the nitro.

Filled up with nitro last time but not sure if it's really worth it or not.

Sainsburys in Staines is 1.20 95, and 1.23 for Super at the moment.

wish it was cheaper a remember when ma dad used to fill up a tenner a week and now a go throu 25-30 a week lol hope it does go down in america ma mate said he can get a gallon for like 2 dollars or something :/

can see it happening in Ireland see Ireland has cheaper prices for Diesel for some reason thats why i went with a diesel car i fill up for 1euro and 41 cent today thats down 6 cent i can also see the petrol prices are now something like 1euro47 dropped from 1.53cent so they are going in the right direction alright i hope it keeps up

Litre but measure in miles per gallon for economy

can see it happening in Ireland see Ireland has cheaper prices for Diesel for some reason thats why i went with a diesel car i fill up for 1euro and 41 cent today thats down 6 cent i can also see the petrol prices are now something like 1euro47 dropped from 1.53cent so they are going in the right direction alright i hope it keeps up

just apity the vrt was not ascheap as uk prices

just apity the vrt was not ascheap as uk prices

Vrt is supposed to be getting scrapped as it breaks EU law but no sign of that happening yet anyway

• Like 1

God, I feel old!

When I started driving( in a Hillman Avenger!) petrol was 49p a gallon and even then we whinged about how dear it was when it went up to 50p. Mind you it was 1974 and I was 17. Crikey, that was a loooooong time ago. :-)

It's just dropped to 121p here.

Vrt is supposed to be getting scrapped as it breaks EU law but no sign of that happening yet anyway

will never happen mark they have been conning drivers for years

paul

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club