Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Blanked Egr

FocusSmudge

Hi folks,

Me again :)

I've just blanked my EGR following an online guide. Have taken the car for a good run and I did feel some improvement. There's no longer a flat spot and the throttle response felt quicker (placebo?)

The problem is, when the ignition is on (dashboard lights on but engine not) - I can hear what I can only describe as a whistle coming from the EGR which dissapears on engine start and re-appears a few seconds after shut down.

Is this common with blanking as it was there just prior to the blank.

Can post a picture of my EGR Blank if necessary.

Cheers :)

nope thats not common. you will hear a series of clicking once you turn the car off, thats the egr valves moving around which is normal. but a whistling type sound isnt.

Definitely hear the clicks. I wonder if it's worth removing the blank and then trying.

The car runs and drives fine other than the whistle.

Hi. If its whistling in sync with the revs then its probably a split in the EGR pipe. It sounds like air.Do you have a miss at about 1500 revs ? I had a Jag X-type that I Blanked the EGR valve off, on. Cleaned the valve out with white spirit and freed the valve, cleaned the intake fitted the blank then had to take it all off to change the EGR to intercooler hose. I put a silicone one on and hey presto. No black smoke and whistling noise Gone. Yes more responsive too. It also cured the "miss" I had at 1500 ish revs.

Hi Steve,

Thanks for posting.

I can't hear the whistling when the engine is running. As soon as I turn the ignition on (lights on, engine off) is when I hear the noise. It's definitely coming from the right side of the EGR (Where the valve is placed I believe). I'm a bit puzzled. The only think i can think of is I've disturbed something when removing the bolts. I also used the original gasket.

I'll see if any trouble codes flag up tomorrow.

Anymore help on this is appreciated. It's most likely not a huge concern but would rather it was fixed! Lol

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club