Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Oil Change What To Use

Damon Cook

Looking for the best oil to use for an oil change what do i use in 1.8 tdci engine looking At Castrol edge or magnetic but cant see whats the most beneficial amy ideas

I would go with magnatec but make sure you get the 5w/30 A1 grade.

• Like 1

What is the difference in magnetec and edge ?

Got magnetec on my eBay 5 litres £30 but would rather buy in a shop

5-30 Magnatec A1 is the recommeded oil for Ford as it meets the WSS-M2C-913C specifications, Castrol edge is more formulated for the german engines. it wont do any harm but its better to stick to the recommendations for best effect.

Check in Asda - they often have the Magnatec on offer. It usually has the Ford badge just under the grade too

(Other car manufacturers are represented too lol)

Thanx guys much appreciated ive been recommended to use ultimate diesel can any recomend the best one ? Also need to change radiator fluid so im looking for a good cleaner for the system was going to try wynns rad flush and the wynns oil additive after the oil change has anyone else used it?

IMO additives are totally unnecessary. Modern oils are a blend of chemicals which help clean the engine and remove deposits etc so why try to alter it. A good quality oil changed regularly is a better way to go.

As for radiator flush, again what's the need. OAT coolant should stop different metals corroding so if your changing it a simple flush out with a hose pipe will suffice. You will probably find very little if any muck.

Jist sumthin ive been advised to do the oil additive supposedly makes the engine run quieter and smoother

Have a problem with juddering when im driving been advised to do an engine clean and new glow plugs and use oil additive

get the EGR blanked and get your injectors tested, i wouldnt put any oil additives in the engine itll probably make things worse

• Like 1

oil additive won't stop juddering. Glow plugs are only active for a few minutes at start up so also unlikely a cause of juddering while driving.

Egr is blanked and had all the injectors tested and 2 replaced before i had the car was miss firing

Blanked with a solid plate and not one with a hole in the middle?

you might need to get the Dual Mass Flywheel looked at then, that will cause juddering at any stage

How much you think that im looking at for that

Probably about 600-700.

I quoted a few guys about 500 quid as homers and they were quoted from a garage roughly the above figure.

I was including gearbox oil, seals, balljoint nyloc nuts and hub bolts - most of which a garage won't replace to cut corners.

Wow you know your stuff where you based dude could bring mine to you

Unfortunately no where near you mate. I'm in fife in Scotland

Crap well il fond somewhere i guess thanx for the info mate at least i can finally sort this problem out

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club