Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Engine Management Light On!

fordmad12

I've only had it for 5 days and the Amber Engine Management light came on after a 40 mile run! Taking it into my dealer tomorrow, reckon it could be a sensor. FFS! I hope it's not going to be "one of those cars" that spends more time off, then on the road.

Sent from my iPad using Ford OC mobile app

• Like 1

Not good please keep us updated on what has caused this

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

Yeah, will do, in case anyone else has this problem.

I was so enjoying my drive, it's so comfortable, goes like stink. Funny thing is, you don't hear of these problems in the motoring press, or on 'owners reviews'.

It seems the 2.0 TDCI 163ps AWD has this type of problem, here's the link to the site.....

http://www.kugaownersclub.co.uk/forum/all-limp-home-mode-engine-service-now-info_topic9809.html

Terry

Hi peeps, just an update. It needs a new vaporiser in the exhaust to help the dpf, so won't have the Kuga until tomorrow afternoon. At least the problem was found.

Terry

At least it's sorted but shame you had this expirence so early on

Got the Kuga back today, so fingers crossed nothing else goes wrong.

Kuga's EML on again, 2 Kuga's have this problem, and mines one of them, the other is in their service department, and has been all week, let's hope they find the problem on this one so's I won't have to wait too long!!

• 3 weeks later...

Just saw your other thread and the lights back again.... any positive news on it?

Problem now sorted, it had an older sensor fitted, which was causing the problems, it has now been changed for the 'right' sensor, and has been ok now. Have had some nice journeys in it now, and starting to relax I bit more. Nothing worse then worrying about warning lights coming on, especially on a new motor.

• Like 2

• 6 months later...

Terry, I have a friend with the same issue - did you ever find out what sensor it was they replaced?

Terry, I have a friend with the same issue - did you ever find out what sensor it was they replaced?

Afraid I don't know, just that an 'older' sensor had been fitted at the factory, and a 'newer' one had to be fitted, I was told Ford had their 'techies' looking into it, and found the problem by sheer luck, otherwise I'd be very p**** off by now.

It's now been 8 months, it's still fine, and has gone through its own 'regen' a couple of times with no problems (touching wood).

The dealer/service department was Rates at Grays, Essex.

• Like 1

Thanks fella, well I passed the info on, they should hopefully sort it

on kuga its normally the dpf presuure sensor that fails especially the order ones, up to 2011

Think my friends I'd a 13 plate, buy will pass that on. They have had the car for two weeks before it died, now the garage have had it for two weeks....

• 4 weeks later...

I have a 1.6 ecoboost KUGA and engine light has come on about 6 weeks after 60,000km service...

As its is petrol, it can't be the DPF.....

Any suggestions before I call the mechanic who did the service?

That mileage is a little high for any sort of factory problems, so it's probably a developed fault. Without an error code it's hard to say if you have no symptoms

• 8 months later...

I just purchased a used 14 plate 2.0 litre (163) powershift with 9000 miles 2days into ownership EML on service now. In at the dealers they will look on Monday:unsure: Not a great start.

Hopefully it's not dog related. There is a bad sensor setup on them, which can be a mare to detect.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Dog related?

are you barking mad?

Lol good old autocorrect fail. Dpf is what I meant

Was going to say how did you know I had 2 dogs in the boot, what I will say is I filled with the premium diesel then 1 mile later EML on so must be DPF related. If they don't find anything will mention the sensor, the light was still on the next morning so maybe easy to read faults.

mil light could be anything really, there was a fsa for a software update around your age of kuga due to mil light on, fuel vaporiser blocking up is another possible fault.

garage justs needs to plug there diagnostics in and it should show what the issue is.

• Like 2

Fuel vaporiser rings a bell a colleague had hers replaced along with a dpf sensor and sorted it out

• Like 1

Rang them today needs a new sensor in the exhaust is what they said should be done for tomorrow.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club