Do Not Sell My Personal Information

A Radio Qs (Prob Been Covered Already)

tivyguy01

post-57817-0-44063100-1414877185_thumb.jpost-57817-0-44063100-1414877185_thumb.jCan anyone help..

This may have been covered already so forgive me ok..

I have the Sony headunit in my foci NOT the DAB one.. Plus NOT the oval one...

Id really live to know if its possible to fit a MP3 interface box to the radio? I have the AUX socket fitted in the glovebox but really want the interface so i can plug my flashstick or sd card in rather than use ipod or burning discs..

I hope this is possible... Please help..

The unit i have is not bluetooth one..

Most MP3 interfaces emulate a CD-changer. The radio recognises the interface as a CD-changer and the interface can be controlled by the radio buttons.

The OEM Ford/Sony radio's do not have CD-changer support. This is because there was already a 6-CD version of the OEM Ford/Sony radio's available so there was basically no need for CD-changer support. All MP3 interfaces which emulate a CD-changer are not suitable for the OEM Ford/Sony radio's.

There are some interfaces which are suitable for the Sony radio's but in my opinion these have very limited possibilities. Ford offers the USB music Box which can be used on the Sony radio's. The USB music Box can only be controlled by the radio stalk control on the steering collumn. It is not possible to control the USB music Box by the radio buttons and the radio does not show any information about the played media.

In my opinion the best and probably also the easiest and cheapest option will be an aftermarket bluetooth carkit with media support like for example the parrot MKI9200.

• 3 weeks later...

I have fitted the Ford OEM music Box and TBH I now very rarely listen to standard radio channels now as I prefer my own music choices without inane chatter, news and adverts every 5 minutes.

As stated above the steering controls do all the work (short flick of lever skips tracks back/forward, long flick skips folders back/forwards).

To pause the music you can press the phone buttons on the radio (unless you have an OEM bluetooth module fitted).

The interface box is a bit tricky to fit behind the radio but there is enough length on the patch cables to allow the box to be pushed well down in the dash.

All necessary cables are supplied and the actual USB cable is about a metre long so easy to put wherever you want it to be stashed.

The only modification you need to do to the wiring is to pull out the aux cable c-block (if fitted) from the original quadlock connector to the radio and put it into the new quadlock that goes into the radio once the new loom has been added.

Piece of cake to fit and takes about 10 minutes (or less).

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/161090469871?_trksid=p2060778.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club