Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Re-Paint

bhavvy

Hey

Has anyone ever had their car repainted a different colour? I'm really wanting to get my fiesta resprayed but where do I start. Who do I go see?

Any recommendations?

Thanks

Without stating the obvious a body shop I'm guessing and I bet it won't be cheap.

You'll be looking at a fair amount of money for a complete re-spray. Might want to look into a full car vinyl wrap.

Wrapping doesn't last much more than a year though.

respray depends on the colour you want, some paints can cost anything from £20L to £1500 a litre, generally a flat colour is cheaper unless it's an Alfa Romeo shade ( classed as special paints ) and what nots like that.

you'd get one on a Fiesta for around £1300 all in, won't be an epic proper job where they take the engine out etc and do it all over but you'd not notice with it all shut up.

Wraps still cost around £800 a go, and don't include door shuts so it stands out a mile off. plus you want someone who is really good at it, seen a story of someone who had it done and they didn't even clean the car before wrapping it.

Most vinyl wraps last around 4 years if you drive it every day and 3M offer a 7 year warranty with theirs. I'd always say go for a vinyl as a) if you get sick of it you can just take it off (so can the person you eventually sell it to) b) it's cheaper c) it protects the paintwork underneath from stone chips and the like

3M offer a warranty when fitted by an approved / qualified person, I'd like to see a garage who employs anyone that's actually done any courses with 3M.

I'd love to see a wrap after 4 years, I've seen loads from Mercs to Clios and front lips and bonnet edges get eaten to bits after a year, even worse around the pillar / wheel arch if you don't have mud flaps.

And they just look pikey when you open the bonnet, doors and boot, all the edges and creases hanging out, proper pauper amateur stuff wrapping, good for Roofs and mirrors only.

Go straight to 3M and they can point you in the direction of a qualified wrapper. Or even talk to your local ford dealership, you'll find a lot of them have body shops or at least can give you a contact for someone who can do it.

Again it protects the paintwork lol. You get a respray and after 4 years you'll have stone chips etc in the paint, unfortunately nothing will stay perfect! My OH's car is 2 years old and has scratches/paint chips etc already.

You pay like an extra £100 to get the door seals done etc :lol:

The RS500's are wrapped and I think they look pretty good!

With cars you get what you pay for. You want cheap then you'll get a cheap looking job.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club