Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk6 Fiesta Flame 1.4 Build Log (Was Fiesta Mk6 5 Door Custom Sub)

GingerFlame

+1 for getting the HTC One M8. I was away for a few days and just caught up with the latest. Even before I could suggest the M8, you had already ordered it. You will be getting Android Lollipop upgrade as well and the phone should last you a while. It's a very good phone and if I didn't have my M7, I would have gotten one. Let me know what you think of it.

That's another selling point... THE OS is named after FOOD!!! Haha

It's being delivered tomorrow

£33 a month

2Gb 4G data

Unlimited calls

Unlimited Texts

& the phone with no upfront cost! Looking forward to it!

• Like 2

Been considering what to use the old phone for as it's not in a resell able state...

Girlfriend suggested taking advantage of the fact that iPhones have half decent GPS..

Just been having a browse at Sim only, data only tariffs... About £20 a year.

Thoughts on hiding the phone wired into a switched live so it charges when the ignitions on.. Then having it there ready to be tracked via "find my iphone" If the car gets robbed

• Like 2

Been considering what to use the old phone for as it's not in a resell able state...

Girlfriend suggested taking advantage of the fact that iPhones have half decent GPS..

Just been having a browse at Sim only, data only tariffs... About £20 a year.

Thoughts on hiding the phone wired into a switched live so it charges when the ignitions on.. Then having it there ready to be tracked via "find my iphone" If the car gets robbed

If your Pioneer headunit supports Apple CarPlay,

It will mirror the phone screen ;)

• Like 2

If your Pioneer headunit supports Apple CarPlay,

It will mirror the phone screen ;)

That was another idea.. use it for Satnav instead of the £280 pioner nav unit!

• Like 1

Even after just a few hours using the HTC Im noticing lots of small little features that make massive differences compared to IOS.. I actually feel stupid for not switching sooner, not one bad point so far for android .Even the update from kitkat to lollipop went smoothly!

One problem I'm having Is appradio.I could never stream video/apps from my iPhone and nor can I with the HTC . Is there a cheaper way to do it rather than spending a fortune on cables , modules and adapters?

• Like 2

Been doing some thinking..

What's everyone's opinion on these?

eBay 291015313312

My plans for March are to get the coilovers fitted, even if it means removing the axle spacers temporarily.

April , I'll book to have my arches flared and on the arrival of the man in a van I'll stick the wheels on and have everything worked out measurement wise.

My plan after that is to continue my heap of research into exhaust systems/manufacturers

After that it'll just be tidying up the bodywork, getting a few dents pulled out. Had a quote of £2100 for airride earlier ... No thank you! Aha

• Like 2

Great plan of attack there Kieran. It's all shaping up nicely.

As for the coilovers, I think they used the same brand in a Mighty Car Mods episode, where they redid a VW Golf with it. If it's good enough for them, then reckon it's good enough for you :)

Here is the video. Forward to 17:40 to see the same make that you are thinking of getting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s7Iv42AOZIk

• Like 1

Cheers mate , I thought the name sounded familiar!

After some reading about it seems you can flare arches with a roller? So I can either get one for £45 or get all 4 arches flared for £170.. hmmm

It's going to be awkward as I can't go too low due to speed bumps :( but I want to slam it to the ground

• Like 2

I think MCM also have an episode on how to flare your arches with a roller DIY style. It didn't look too complicated.

As for going down low to the ground with speedbumps, I got no solution to that conumdrum. Btw, do consider just lowered springs if you don't want to go too low. Coilovers, the cheaper types, tend to be crashy from what I read. No personal experience there.

That episode of MCM is one of my favourites and the way they had the tire/steel rim combo is visually really cool.

• Like 1

Yeah I've seen the mcm episode, they're alot braver than me though ! Haha I 've considered lowered springs but I want adjustability. Also, my rear shocks arent in the best of conditions and I don't fancy buying new ones, decisions

• Like 2

Spur of the moment purchase earlier.. a mk6 facelift zetec front bumper with fogs and grill in mint condition for £70, removing it from the donor car tomorrow

Considering a reg plate smooth.. hmm.. I get distracted too easily :(

• Like 3

Ignore all of the above .. Just.. I've now got no choice but to attack the arches with the roller .. and I dont care wether the paint flakes as its ready began

I also need both bumpers from the zetec and possibly 2 doors and 2 Windows

• Like 2

Hate to say it .. but my headlights have been destroyed and my rear lights, left hand doors are creased, front passenger wheel is hanging off and well.. it's not worth repairing :(

On the lookout for a new fezzy

Hate to say it .. but my headlights have been destroyed and my rear lights, left hand doors are creased, front passenger wheel is hanging off and well.. it's not worth repairing :(

On the lookout for a new fezzy

If you could get another without telling the insurance you would be much better off in the long run,

What mark are you going for ?

A 1.6TDCi Mk6.5 ZetecS would be a good option as its much the same power as the 1.4 petrol before remapping,

Being diesel cheaper to run and probably same price on insurance,

More mods available too.

• Like 1

If you could get another without telling the insurance you would be much better off in the long run,

What mark are you going for ?

A 1.6TDCi Mk6.5 ZetecS would be a good option as its much the same power as the 1.4 petrol before remapping,

Being diesel cheaper to run and probably same price on insurance,

More mods available too.

Im not claiming off the insurance or even telling them. the car is now SORN and once ive paid for damages on the property ill be buying another fiesta hopefully. might be a month yet though.

Insurance on my current/past fiesta was £2200 a year!! and that was NA with a retail of £1750. I hate to think what a 1.6TDCI would cost.. as much as id love one i simply cant afford it :(

• Like 1

What's happened???

Had a fight with a fence and a ditch

• Like 2

Sorry to hear about ya smash. Hope you find yourself a new car soon and that none of the audio bits were damaged bud

• Like 1

I've got a 2004 1.4 fiesta zetec in Aquarius blue to collect on Saturday! Going to transfer all the surviving bits to the new car.

The new car cost me 450.. but it has an EAC or ECU problem. If the ecu is dead I'll take the one out my old car along with the clocks and keys :) going to keep it as a donor car for a few months

• Like 2

Can't be nice after all the hard work that has gone into it. Don't know what I'd do if it happened to one of mine.

You don't hang around getting the replacement sorted :D

Hope it works out for you :)

• Like 2

If I swap the ECU from my old car to the new car along with the clocks and Key transponder ring should everything be okay?

• Like 1

If I swap the ECU from my old car to the new car along with the clocks and Key transponder ring should everything be okay?

I looked into this for my car when changing the locks, but didn't do it.

That's the theory yes, although the ecu must be from a car of the same engine obviously.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club