Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk6 Fiesta Flame 1.4 Build Log (Was Fiesta Mk6 5 Door Custom Sub)

GingerFlame

get yourself a sun roof and a shot gun :)

All I'm saying is .. Is that.. By the time you've pulled the trigger 4 more have appeared ;)

• Like 1

I ordered myself some Autoglym goodies earlier in the week, some of which arrived today.

I've got some Glass polish & rapid tar remover. I've got to say, after first use the tar remover is amazing stuff!

Since I bought the car the drivers side arch has been covered in tar and everything else has failed to budge it. Within about 2 minutes of a sparing coating of this I could see the tar almost melting. After this I wiped it with a cloth & scrubbed a few places gently & now the panel looks like new!

I recommend it, especially considering the low prices if you search around.

I haven't yet tried the glass polish as I'm waiting for some autoglym screen wash to arrive & Bosch aero wipers to arrive (my cheapo ones are destroying my windscreen) then I'll give it some attention

• Like 2

I've also been in touch with a few exhaust companies, waiting for a quote from a few.

One of which was Souhans, Ireland. Lovely drive there and would only cost me around 45-50 each way (before ferry costs) as at the minute it's looking miiiiilllleeeeeesss cheaper than local companies and they haven't even finalised the quote yet

post-57403-142264482441_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

I seen Souhan's work on Lenny's car and recommend them. Their website is informative and the guys will answer your questions promptly. If you driving here, we will have to try to meet up as I would love to hear the sound system in your car. Plus, Souhan is in Trim and I am not too far of a drive away :)

• Like 2

Lenny's car was how I found out about Souhans! :) looks quality!

I've been in contact with them explaining what I'm after briefly and they asked me to call them (being that it's an Irish number it makes it a little awkward for me being in England) so I replied explaining the above and going into more detail as to what I'm after!

Would be nice to come for a cuppa whilst the car gets it's exhaust sorted! Aha!

I've got a few more things to be doing with the sound system before it's worthy of anybody listening to! I rushed a few connectors in the doors and they have rattled loose so there's a lot off crackling. I've already redone the passenger door & added some MORE silentcoat, just the drivers door to go now!

I'm honestly surprised at how cheap it would be for fuel there and back.. How much is a ferry roughly? I'm shocked as to the price differences compared to local & Ireland (guessing the exchange rate has a part to play in it all)

• Like 2

The custom work they do is pretty impressive and I think they do Magnaflow as well. I reckon it's tough to sort out phone calls when you are in the UK. One of the cheap options is to buy credits on Skype and then call them from it. Or better, ask them if they are on Skype and you could video call them.

Right next to Souhan's they run a place for food and drinks! That's where most people go wait while work is being done on their car. I could drive down there as its about 1hr away from me only! I could always convince myself that I need a better simpler free flowing exhaust on the car with a nice tip...for fuel efficiency reasons of course :)

Take your time with the sound upgrades and get it done right. I rushed my connections as well and then went back to do them right. I think now, with all the mid bass, there seems to be a rattle from the left front door and it drives me mad as it distracts from the music!

The Silent Coat is pretty impressive stuff. The difference it makes is quite staggering because I remember how it used to sound before and after. Plus, the noise levels in the cabin has dropped by about 5-7db, which is discernable,

Fuel for your car shouldn't be too bad. How many mpg do you get roughly? The road to Trim from Dublin isn't too bad and not too boring. I am not too sure how much the Ferry would be as there are 2 options: the slow and fast ferry. Where will you be taking it from? There are a few ferry companies, so check them out and if you book in advance, it's cheaper.

I am as surprised as you to hear that it's cheaper here than in the UK! What kind of work are you hoping to get done? The exchange rate does help a lot :)

• Like 1

I didn't think of skype! My brain's gone to sleep with all this time off work! Went back today & I struggled with one of the more simpler things I have to do (n)

That sounds good! Takes a good few hours though I'd have thought? I'd probably end up wondering off out of boredom and getting lost. & Fuel efficiency of course! That's why I'm after a new exhaust too! ;) haha! Sure you'd have no problem convincing yourself you need it. Your better half on the other side..

I had a rattle in the passenger door too!! Turned out to be the NOISE INSULATING foam that ford fit during manufacture, vibrating against the door card stuck some silentcoat in the space between and the rattle's gone!

Not sure what mpg I've got as the Prefacelift doesn't calculate it and I haven't bothered to work it out yet.

Ford say 42mpg?

With fuel locally between 106 & 111 a litre it's not too bad. Haven't looked at fuel on the way but shouldn't be too bad. It's higher here than most places because SEASIDE! :(

It'd be interesting to see how the rural roads in Ireland compare to Yorkshire! ;)

as for the ferry, assuming the slow ferry isn't too slow and it's cheap enough I'd probably go for that!

I'll definitely be booking in advance. I'll be booking & planning a good month or two in advance wherever I end up going to try keep costs down

I'm looking for a custom stainless Catback, maybe a sports cat, depends on the quotes I get back.

post-57403-142266547812_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

At Souhan's Darren is the man you need to talk to,

Nice fella and fantastic work but he's got no time atall for bull 5h1t cant see him doing skype to be honest :lol:

Stainless Steel cat back for the Levin was €290

Nice food in Souhan's service station but theres a whole town attached there too.

Have you priced an off the shelf bolt in system from piper?

• Like 2

At Souhan's Darren is the man you need to talk to,

Nice fella and fantastic work but he's got no time atall for bull 5h1t cant see him doing skype to be honest :lol:

Stainless Steel cat back for the Levin was €290

Nice food in Souhan's service station but theres a whole town attached there too.

Have you priced an off the shelf bolt in system from piper?

Darren's who I've been in contact with :)

That's dirt cheap! Looking closer to £550 here :( . How long did the work take?

If there's a whole town attached then that doesn't sound so bad! I couldn't be couped up around food all day!

I can't find a piper exhaust to fit the 5 door, all say 3 door & they seem more expensive than a custom Catback

Also, from looking at the piper site I could have the silencer on it's own. Or the pipe from manifold to silencer with it. But to fit that I'd have to have a Piper manifold too so I'm abit puzzled. I didn't look into much detail at the time, once I've got quotes from all around I'll research into each individual place/company :)

As for skype, I could always just make the call to the garage from skype using the credits.. It'll save my mobile bill going through the roof.

Don't want to sound stupid. But can you call Irish numbers from UK mobiles/landlines?

I know with some countries you can't, but others you can

• Like 1

Darren's who I've been in contact with :)

That's dirt cheap! Looking closer to £550 here :( . How long did the work take?

If there's a whole town attached then that doesn't sound so bad! I couldn't be couped up around food all day!

I can't find a piper exhaust to fit the 5 door, all say 3 door & they seem more expensive than a custom Catback

As for skype, I could always just make the call to the garage from skype using the credits.. It'll save my mobile bill going through the roof.

Don't want to sound stupid. But can you call Irish numbers from UK mobiles/landlines?

I know with some countries you can't, but others you can

You will be booked in advance so when you arrive; one of the staff will be ready to work on your car,

1.5 to 2 hrs maximum time mate,

That's because they have to custom bend the single pipe,

No welding bits together this is one 3 metre pipe mandrel bent.

Its a normal petrol station attached,

They operate a Deli same as all fuel stations but theres no seats or anything.

Small waiting room attached to the workshop with leather sofa and a TV fells like "casting couch" but its somewhere to wait,

Or you can walk around the town will kill an hour,

Supermarket directly across the road too.

Part of the waiting is the suspense of what your cars going to be like when its done,

You can call any country to country when you know the prefix,

For me to call your mobile or text : 0771234567

Id dial: 0044771234567

Over here

My number is 0861234567

If your calling me or text dial

There's another prefix for landlines just phone BT and they will tell you how to dial.

• Like 2

That's much faster than I expected! I was reading their side about Mendrel bends vs regular bends and it's one of those things that must make quite a difference.. That I've just never thought about!

The casting couch? Never heard of that.. Or anything similar ;) (girlfriend's taken an interest in what I'm up to with the car.. And she's found this thread! Yay!)

I'd probably just wonder round the town admiring the lack of seagulls if I'm honest! No more entertainment needed! :D

• Like 1

Did the exhaust make a big difference in your opinion?

Didn't know about the prefix'... I'll have to have a read up on them now! Probably made myself look a moron I the email I sent to Souhan's!

So the Prefix to call Irish mobiles from here is 00353?

Thanks!

• Like 1

That's much faster than I expected! I was reading their side about Mendrel bends vs regular bends and it's one of those things that must make quite a difference.. That I've just never thought about!

The casting couch? Never heard of that.. Or anything similar ;) (girlfriend's taken an interest in what I'm up to with the car.. And she's found this thread! Yay!)

I'd probably just wonder round the town admiring the lack of seagulls if I'm honest! No more entertainment needed! :D

Mandrel bent is pure smooth pipe inside no imperfections,

The smoother and quicker you can take in air or expel waste gasses that's the best recipe for power.

Hello Missus Kieran :) im the tuning devil on your boyfriends shoulder

Did the exhaust make a big difference in your opinion?

Didn't know about the prefix'... I'll have to have a read up on them now! Probably made myself look a moron I the email I sent to Souhan's!

So the Prefix to call Irish mobiles from here is 00353?

Thanks!

yes 00353 is mobile prefix,

Regarding difference in power:

With the focus i had it remapped at the same time as they fitted the piper duplex so i cant really say.

And the Levin lost a bit of performance because its original exhaust was leaking out before the cat lol much like a screamer pipe.

Did make a nice tone and increased torque but lost a little acceleration.

If i was you getting a bargain,

Id consider pricing a 200cell cat

Remove stock cat,

Have the 200 cell fitted further back in the system should help a bit.

All would be well,

Providing your car doesn't have two oxygen sensors one on either side of the cat,

If i5 just has one that's great.

• Like 1

353 46 (co. Meath code) then sohans number, then sing diddle diddle dum. Dublin to Meath is a good 40mins & besides Dublin & other main county's galway cork etc I'm pretty sure all roads are like Yorkshire bumpy

• Like 2

Mandrel bent is pure smooth pipe inside no imperfections,

The smoother and quicker you can take in air or expel waste gasses that's the best recipe for power.

Hello Missus Kieran :) im the tuning devil on your boyfriends shoulder

yes 00353 is mobile prefix,

Regarding difference in power:

With the focus i had it remapped at the same time as they fitted the piper duplex so i cant really say.

And the Levin lost a bit of performance because its original exhaust was leaking out before the cat lol much like a screamer pipe.

Did make a nice tone and increased torque but lost a little acceleration.

If i was you getting a bargain,

Id consider pricing a 200cell cat

Remove stock cat,

Have the 200 cell fitted further back in the system should help a bit.

All would be well,

Providing your car doesn't have two oxygen sensors one on either side of the cat,

If i5 just has one that's great.

Aah so they do remaps aswell? Ah Lenny. You really are the tuning devil! Haha

You're right about the Bumpy roads in Yorkshire Vicki. I'd say about 30% of roads aren't too bad! Others are cr4p! The scenery makes up for it though.. When it isn't chucking it down

• Like 2

Aah so they do remaps aswell? Ah Lenny. You really are the tuning devil! Haha

You're right about the Bumpy roads in Yorkshire Vicki. I'd say about 30% of roads aren't too bad! Others are cr4p! The scenery makes up for it though.. When it isn't chucking it down

Yeah the do remaps, exhausts, alloy wheels, oil changes and breakfast rolls, what more could you want they had to kick me out last time :)
  • Like 2

Sounds like heaven! Haha

I'm considering colour coding the black little plastic "bump strips" the same colour as the car. It's either that or I'm spraying them gloss black, along with any other faded black plastics (exterior). Mainly on the boot handle & the pillar trims.

Opinions? I really can't decide

• Like 2

Latest arrivals, lesson to all; don't buy cheap knockoffs trying to save a few quid! Hahaa

post-57403-14228729853_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

5 minutes later this arrived! Post's earlier this morning! I could get used to this

post-57403-142287317229_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

My preference would be to colour code. I remember doing the same to my old Renault Megane and it made a big visual impact on colour coding it. I might have an old picture to show the difference.

• Like 2

I agree with hassen. Colour coding would blend it in nicely.

• Like 2

Colour coding it is then! :) good weather better hurry up. Going to have a go myself with a can. If not, new bump strips from scrap yard & body shop can paint them

• Like 2

I think you can get a decent level of finish if you do it by yourself with rattle cans. The key to it is to take your time for the preparation work and get it all done properly even before applying the paint. Get a small electric sander. I bought one for 20 euro here and it was a huge time saver. There are youtube videos to learn from how to paint the parts. It's something that you do need good weather and warmer temperatures to make it work. You could always just get a paint shop to get it done for you as well :)

• Like 3

At some point in the past, the cars had one of the rear panels repainted and they've done a sh1te job. You can feel the metallic flakes in the paint. Wether that be the lack of laqcuer or what! That's all that's making me think twice about spraying it myself. Probably get it done professionally aswell as the rear panel sorted, thinking about it :)

• Like 2

Good plan there to get it done properly. I remember as well that with all the materials, it didn't save a lot of money and I spent a huge amount of time trying to get it done.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club