Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk6 Fiesta Flame 1.4 Build Log (Was Fiesta Mk6 5 Door Custom Sub)

GingerFlame

UPDATE 19/01/2015 - I started this thread specifically for my sub enclosure. From there it grew into a general ICE thread. It's now turning into a general thread about mods/maintenance to/on my car. I also have topics on;

Fiesta mk6 HID Retrofit - This topic shows how to fit Facelift head/tailights to a pre-facelift Fiesta mk6.

It also explains how to install Bi-xenon projectors and HIDs without hurting the bank.

I hope you enjoy reading, and subscribe to stay up to date!

Few images of my custom sub box build... Just want to note now that I'm not building this box with competition specs in mind.. It's simply built to 1.) take up as little boot space as possible whilst 2.) providing more bass than the stock Speakers.

I'll be upgrading the rest of the audio in the car in due time!

post-57403-141502252859_thumb.jpg

post-57403-141502255097_thumb.jpg

post-57403-141502256508_thumb.jpg

post-57403-141502258103_thumb.jpg

post-57403-141502259093_thumb.jpg

post-57403-141502260925_thumb.jpg

post-57403-141502262339_thumb.jpg

post-57403-141502265073_thumb.jpg

post-57403-141502266063_thumb.jpg

Just want to show off my amazing test of the box with a 6.5" "sub" although my box was designed for a 10" :)

post-57403-141502273755_thumb.jpg

I'm using 12mm MDF and some strips of Ply to build my box. I'm also gluing all the joints with No Nails & Screws to make it as solid & airtight as possible.

More pictures to follow once my sub, amp & carpet arrives!

Fire away with any questions

• Like 2

Love it. Wish I had the time and the tools to be able to build my own sub box. Can't wait to see the final fit out :)

• Like 2

10" JL audio sub arrived yesterday!"Just waiting for my Amp to arrive (Thanks hassen :) )

which will also be an excuse not to have to carpet the box just yet as I can't work out an easy way to do it due to the awkward shape

• Like 2

So today my amp, speaker terminal, carpet, spray adhesive and speaker grill arrived! :) it's like Christmas

post-57403-141519980435_thumb.jpg

post-57403-141519984943_thumb.jpg

Almost finished Carpeting!!^^

post-57403-141519989802_thumb.jpg

Speaker terminal in place

post-57403-141519991488_thumb.jpg

Roughly fitted the sub & amp till I finish my false floor. Excuse the messy carpet both on the box & boot floor!

post-57403-141519995965_thumb.jpg

Not the tightest fitting box but it allows for storage above & behind!

post-57403-141519998359_thumb.jpgpost-57403-141519999335_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Looks the business. I really like how my previous amp will be back in use in another Ford. FOC ftw :)

• Like 2

And yea, it probably does feel like Christmas today for you :p

• Like 2

:o how have i not saw this thread until now..

The build looks excellent mate and Hassan's blue amp matches the exterior colour of your car nicely, its a good amp that ive heard it twice in Hassen's focus and physically touched it once, maaad to see it now in your motor, its met and entertained us all

Few questions,

Where did you purchase the carpet?

Is the carpet pretty flexible?

What spray adhesive have you used?

Does it spray straight on to the MDF?

Cheers mate

• Like 1

Looks excellent from a distance! I got bored of carpeting the awkward shapes.. ahah!

I purchased the carpet from eBay (item number 321009128750). I purchased 1.4meters by 2 meters and used about half of it. It is very high quality and matches the ford carpet almost perfectly. it has a fluffy side and a slightly less fluffy side, i used it with the less fluffy side facing out so it wouldn't catch as much dirt.

The carpet is very flexible! although i'd advise you to watch videos on YouTube about " halfmooning" and other tricks of the trade to achieve a better finish.

For the spray adhesive i purchased two cans of this http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/331322332357?_trksid=p2059210.m2749.l2649&var=540518362725&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT . I used about half a can! it is VERY sticky so be sure not to carpet the mdf without covering your sensitive areas.

It sprays straight onto the MDF, also a little bit on the carpet and within seconds you can place the two together and they'll hold solidly :)

• Like 2

Looks excellent from a distance! I got bored of carpeting the awkward shapes.. ahah!

I purchased the carpet from ebay (item number 321009128750). I purchased 1.4meters by 2 meters and used about half of it. It is very high quality and matches the ford carpet almost perfectly. it has a fluffy side and a slightly less fluffy side, i used it with the less fluffy side facing out so it wouldn't catch as much dirt.

The carpet is very flexible! although i'd advise you to watch videos on YouTube about " halfmooning" and other tricks of the trade to achieve a better finish.

For the spray adhesive i purchased two cans of this http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/331322332357?_trksid=p2059210.m2749.l2649&var=540518362725&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT . I used about half a can! it is VERY sticky so be sure not to carpet the mdf without covering your sensitive areas.

It sprays straight onto the MDF, also a little bit on the carpet and within seconds you can place the two together and they'll hold solidly :)

Sweet,

Thanks for tips, ill purchase an extra metre to cover my sensative area when spraying the glue,

• Like 2

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH That's honestly the best thing I've heard all day.. Except my ICE & engine obviously ;)

• Like 1

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH That's honestly the best thing I've heard all day.. Except my ICE & engine obviously ;)

If i was you id purchase an A4 sized sheet of 4mm clear perspex,

Get dmb to print a 4" ford logo in etched glass style vynil,

Stick it on inside of perspex,

Fit amp in false floor with some blue leds spliced in to the boot light so they come on when boot opened,

Cut oval hole in false floor to display amp,

Fit sheet of perspex in place,

Vynil will catch the blue led light aswell,

All under 25 pounds and lighter than 9mm mdf in the section.

• Like 2

That's a great idea! But... I've already started making the floor and I haven't made it deep enough for the amp

• Like 1

That's a great idea! But... I've already started making the floor and I haven't made it deep enough for the amp

Are you using the false floor for drugs then? :lol:

Why you building a false floor if theres nothing under it?

Sorry dont intend to be perceived as an A hole just having a joke and asking the question mate aint tryin to make fun atall,

• Like 1

What would you class as drugs?...

No I'll be using it as a tight fit around the edges but on hinges in the middle. I'll then use some fancy slotty things (technical term) to hold the floor and the box together and stop the box from sliding around.. Whilst providing a more solid floor than the stupid board that sits over the spare wheel. The way the floor & the sub separate make it easier to extract the spare wheel post-57403-141522201636_thumb.jpgpost-57403-14152220242_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Didn't use my brain when I thought about a false floor.. Anybody with a brain would make the false floor specifically to hide the amp! Whereas that didn't even cross my mind

• Like 2

What would you class as drugs?...

No I'll be using it as a tight fit around the edges but on hinges in the middle. I'll then use some fancy slotty things (technical term) to hold the floor and the box together and stop the box from sliding around.. Whilst providing a more solid floor than the stupid board that sits over the spare wheel. The way the floor & the sub separate make it easier to extract the spare wheel attachicon.gifImageUploadedByFord OC1415222016.884632.jpgattachicon.gifImageUploadedByFord OC1415222024.769210.jpg

Any sort of narcotics :lol:

Looks good mate i like the hinges idea looks tidy,

If you can purchase a little plastic hook an( fit it to centre underside of the parcel shelf,

Add a ring strap to centre of the mdf door,

You can hook it to parcel shelf when removing the spare wheel etc,

Didn't use my brain when I thought about a false floor.. Anybody with a brain would make the false floor specifically to hide the amp! Whereas that didn't even cross my mind

Dont beat yourself over it mate,

I was just askin, its your car, styled your way and your plans look great,

I use my car planning as an escape hence my extensive research in to everything lol

The mdf lining will help provide tight solid base as apposed to a ported sub enclosure which is more of a loud spread base,

Tight punchy base is much better,

• Like 1

That's a good idea about the hook on the parcel shelf!

I wish I'd thought about it though, cause false floor wrapped in black carpet with the amp showing in the middle would have looked great! With some 90* RCA connectors I could've made the wires look neat (I'm obsessed with cable management)

I'll think of something once the floors finished & fitting correctly! I'm always doing things last minute! Haha I'm so unorganised

• Like 1

That's a good idea about the hook on the parcel shelf!

I wish I'd thought about it though, cause false floor wrapped in black carpet with the amp showing in the middle would have looked great! With some 90* RCA connectors I could've made the wires look neat (I'm obsessed with cable management)

I'll think of something once the floors finished & fitting correctly! I'm always doing things last minute! Haha I'm so unorganised

Good thing is mdf is cheap enough and easy to work with,

Wouldn't go for this one personality but eh what you reckon :lol:

http://m.ebay.com/itm/151306421949?nav=SEARCH

Replace interior light with it and go crusing windows down and base pumping

• Like 1

See personally I could imagine you buying the second light! it'd keep you going whilst cutting all your mdf up!

• Like 1

See personally I could imagine you buying the second light! it'd keep you going whilst cutting all your mdf up!

Id mount it inside the boot door lmao fit some strobe flashers to the existing cree reverse bulbs,

:lol: proper

• Like 1

We've got some lights at work that id strap to my roof.. get a haze machine pumping.. I'll post a picture tomorrow.. They're old & outdated ,so they don't get used anymore.. Nobody would miss them ;)

• Like 1

Come to think of it.. We've got some disco balls in the store.. and a few MAAASSSIVVEEE strobes.. Think everything else we've got is a bit too powerhungry for a car.. Probably cook a generator too..

• Like 1