Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk6 Fiesta Flame 1.4 Build Log (Was Fiesta Mk6 5 Door Custom Sub)

GingerFlame

Man that was close. Good to hear the alarm worked and scared them off! Scum like you said! Hope you recovered from the ordeal :)

On Sunday, March 13, 2016 at 1:21 AM, GingerFlame said:

Attempted theft of the fiesta tonight.. :( Luckily I deadlocked it earlier in the day, and the alarm went off.

They clearly knew the car would be where it was, and they knew when it would be there. They've been watching me for sure.

They've either tried to push it away or bounced it up and down to check for an alarm.

Either way. I was laid in bed with the better half, and all of a sudden I hear a car alarm. Thought it sounded familiar. Jumped out of bed and sure enough it was my car!

I sprinted down stairs and whilst unlocking the door I heard people running past the house. I stepped onto the path to see two middle aged blokes in hoodies with their hoods up & tracksuit bottoms on running looking back over their shoulder. I ran to the car and luckily there's no damage. Just the marks where they've pushed in the picture below. They've covered their hands to prevent finger prints so they're no stupid. worrying really.. going to invest in a couple of bits and Bob's.. so angry, yet shaken up!! Horrible feeling. I can't imagine how people feel when their pride and joy is actually taken from them. It's sad cause they'd probably have Just joyridden her to her death.. for no real reason. Scum

www.yorkshiredetailing.co.uk - approved resellers of the Highest quality Detailing & Valeting supplies

Sorry to hear of this happening Kieran,
And I don't want to make you feel any worse by expressing my opinions but;

Are you sure you haven't upset a local crime organization or something? 

I know the fiesta is your pride and joy and all, if you had it like an ST replica id understand the attempt theft but it's a 1.4 there freely available and relatively affordable on anyone's salary not really a vehicle that would be stolen for parts or export.

The second thing is they were two middle aged men yeah, 
That makes me suspicious in the sence that perhaps they mistaken your vehicle to be someone else's or somebody is annoyed with you specifically.

If these guys were joyriders and middle aged joyriders at that; they would be targeting high powerd vehicles like the 2.0 litre mondeo at the very least because any Police vehicle would catch a 1.4 on any road within a few minutes. 

Final suspicious matter is;
They both ran off when you went outside exposing yourself and your home to easy access, 
They had hoodies to conceal identities gloves to protect fingerprints 
Why didn't they both overpower you and take the keys along with house contents loaded in to the boot since both twice your age and outnumbering instead of running away 😦

In terms of criminal intent and there age, the whole thing doesn't make sense mate,
the conviction time for GTA is same wheather they got caught taking your fiesta as it is if caught taking an XJ Jaguar or somthing easy with push button start via OBD port hack,
Plug & Play off you go. 

All said im glad all is ok mate and look after yourself 👍

I haven't upset anybody that I know of

The car is unique, and its one of about 4 tidy looked after cars in the town.

Audio alone is worth around a thousand pound and then there's the rest of the parts of the car.

Even if they just stripped the audio out and dumped the car, it's an easy thousand pounds.

I was at the girlfriends house and they began running when the alarm went off as I heard it fainlty passing the bathroom (window stays open as fan has packed in). I wasnt alone at the front door hence why they won't have come back.

To be fair there are slower & cheaper cars local to me that have been stolen. My car is extremely eye catching when clean simply due to how clean & glossy it is. Walking past the end of the road it sticks out like a sore thumb 👌

Hopefully it'll be upgrade time soon...

www.yorkshiredetailing.co.uk - approved resellers of the Highest quality detailing & Valeting supplies

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

It's happened.. 2016 Fiesta Zetec S Red edition on its way to me! Now to sell my current one :(

www.yorkshiredetailing.co.uk - approved resellers of the Highest quality detailing & Valeting supplies

• Like 2

Dude that is awesome! What engine did you get in it? the 1L Ecoboost Petrol? It's a really lovely car. Can't wait to see the pictures.

Are you going to transfer all the stereo system in the new car or just see how the stock system is first? 

• Like 1

Dude that is awesome! What engine did you get in it? the 1L Ecoboost Petrol? It's a really lovely car. Can't wait to see the pictures.

Are you going to transfer all the stereo system in the new car or just see how the stock system is first? 

It comes with the 1.0 ecoboost running 138bhp factory. It won't stay standard for long. Hahaha.

The audio etc will stay standard for a while as the car is around £2000 upfront. Luckily I know the salesman (Nick from Scarborough stoneacre, can't recommend him enough) as he came into my work the day before. So as i helped him, he threw in the fiesta branded mats for fee & a discounted service plan :)

Nicely done man. I reckon it's quick with that amount of power and the light weight. I can't wait to see what you got planned for it in the future. I am also tempted with the 1L ecoboost but reckon that in the Focus, it's not gonna be as nippy as the Fiesta. Family of 2 kids requires bigger car. Did I hear it right that there was a 1.6L Ecoboost at one point of the older model Focus?

• Like 1

138bhp from factory? Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't the 1.0 ecoboost available as 100 or 125 bhp?

Yes Hassen there are 1.6 ecoboost focuses out there but they seem troublesome from what I've read.

138bhp from factory? Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't the 1.0 ecoboost available as 100 or 125 bhp?

Yes Hassen there are 1.6 ecoboost focuses out there but they seem troublesome from what I've read.

No, the 1.0 ecoboost is available In 100ps, 125ps & the red/black edition with 140ps :)

100, 125 and 140.

and hassen, focus is good to drive with 140 on tap too, 100 or 125 then blufin to 140

thats what ive got.

• Like 2

Ah thanks GF. I didn't know that. Me thinks that'll be a rather good flying machine especially after tuning.

• Like 1

Thanks for the info guys. The 1.6 Ecoboost in Ireland is quasi non existent on the used market as the majority of Foci on the roads are the 1.5 or 1.6 diesels. It's was at one point the most sold car in Ireland. 

With new job starting in July being much closer to home and no more 200km commute to and from work, I was thinking that next year maybe to get a petrol and that's why I was looking into the 1.6 Ecoboost Petrol. Mountune can get it to 200 with their MP200 package but it's a lot of money. Maybe just a remap and few suspension mods to keep me entertained. The other very tempting but out of budget option is a Golf MK6 GTI :)

Here is something I found earlier that looked cool. 

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201603061705857?minimum-badge-engine-size=1.6&make=ford&model=focus&radius=1500&sort=pricedesc&onesearchad=used%2Cnearlynew%2Cnew&search-target=usedcars&keywords=ecoboost&page=1&price-to=7000&searchcontext=default&postcode=TW1 1QJ&fuel-type=petrol&logcode=p

Blimey someone spent quite a bit on that car Hassen. You'd need to verify about the cat d mind. But it don't half look good.

• Like 2

i didnt spot that cat d the first time i looked at ad .lol

• Like 1

I thought so too. Just the seats and body kit is over £1000 at least I reckon? I wonder what is the Cat D extent of damage. It's in the right colour too and I am not a fan of the stock front bumper on that model with the side vent looking thing. Is that an ST bumper on that along with a rear one?

• Like 1

Car d is minimal damage which cost less to repair than the value of the car. I remember reading an add for a car I was interested in which was registered as cat d just because of a cracked rear bumper which needed replacement.

Looking at the pics of that car I think the front bumper is standard but rear is defo ST.

• Like 1

Ooooops front is defo ST too silly me lol

• Like 1

Good to meet you today Kieran, looking forward to seeing your new car. :D

• Like 2

Yeah was good to meet you mate! & I've changed my mind.. talked a black edition out of them 2k cheaper with higher spec! And they're knocking off the cost of having the grills, roof & mirrors wrapped gloss black. Mwahahahaa, stoneacre hate me

• Like 2

I hate stoneacre and evans halshaw lol

• Like 1

6 hours ago, tazzman600 said:

I hate stoneacre and evans halshaw lol

Even the Devils gotta make a livin 😈

• Like 1

Stoneacre have actually been fantastic! The finance company threw a spanner in the works and capped my monthly "affordable" budget to £147. Apparently a 750+ income with under 200 of bills isn't suitable? Mad. Guessing being 18 doesn't help. Trying to come to an arrangement and if not it'll end up being a used ecoboost on a regular finance thing so I own it at the end. Gutted as I've had my heart set on the red/black edition.. either way it'll end up pushing 165bhp+

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GingerFlame said:

Stoneacre have actually been fantastic! The finance company threw a spanner in the works and capped my monthly "affordable" budget to £147. Apparently a 750+ income with under 200 of bills isn't suitable? Mad. Guessing being 18 doesn't help. Trying to come to an arrangement and if not it'll end up being a used ecoboost on a regular finance thing so I own it at the end. Gutted as I've had my heart set on the red/black edition.. either way it'll end up pushing 165bhp+

www.yorkshiredetailing.co.uk - approved resellers of the Highest quality Detailing & Valeting supplies

from experience 150bhp is more than sufficient in any vehicle weighing under 1200kg 

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

I thought I had updated this! Haha.

After a month of advertising & countless viewings, the mk6 went as it was for £1350 (just wanted rid)

In May I picked up a 2014 1.0 Zetec S 125 in Frozen white!

I've now started a build log for this car, although after a first batch of mods being completed I'm now enjoying driving it (4.5k miles up already..) and saving for a holiday in August! :)

• Like 1